Glad to be back...

Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yankee

Glad to be back...

A few of you might remember me. It has been 8 months since I have logged in. I had been going through some really hard emotional times with both my Addict Brother and Addict Boyfriend....and I had stopped working my program. (Imagine that?)

Right now things are very good. My son graduated high school last month, I bought a house out in the country, I am getting better with my codependent habits...I have just.....focused on myself and my son. My brother went into a treatment program a few weeks ago and is doing really great and my boyfriend of 13 yrs is working his own program and now works a great job and is taking care of his family.

I have been telling myself that I should not neglect my recovery just because things are going good with the boys right now, so I have come back here, and I have started reading all of my literature as well.

I just wanted to say that I was back, and that I am glad I am here again. =)
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As with the other side of this, it is when things are going well, that we must do the work.
Congrats on the house and your son's graduation.
Did you see the story about the lady getting arrested for cheering her daughter at graduation? OK, off topic. lol