Notices

It is about time!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It is about time!

Hi guys

I have been sober for a little over 3 months now, and have decided it is time for me to kick the cigs!

I have smoked for over 10 years am are smoking almost a box a day now! Yesterday was my first day without smoking, and it was easier than I thought it would be, though I obviously did have cravings, and really was tempted during times when I habitually light up, like after meals etc.

I have wanted to quit for quite a long time, and since quitting drinking, I have started yoga and am feeling so much healthier and more positive. There is no longer room in my life for cigarettes, and I am all out of excuses...or "okay I will quit when/after/by the time....."

I have been noticing that I wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day, and as soon as i have a cigarette my energy is sapped, and I feel lazy and a little complacent, like it is a mission to get ready and go to work, or do anything.
Has anyone else had this experience.

Wish me luck!!! I know i will be needing support to get through this!

Have a happy smoke free day all.

Smiley
Old 06-03-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Good Luck,
I am starting to feel like I could give them up all together now if I really put my all into it... I use e-cigs, have since Nov. 2010, so a lot of the bad stuff in the smoke is not going into my lungs. I just get the nicotine but it's still a crutch I need to rid myself of. I smoked cigs for about 20 years up to a pack and a half a day and hated myself for getting hooked on them.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smileyblue View Post
I have been noticing that I wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day, and as soon as i have a cigarette my energy is sapped,
Me too. It reminded me of a sedative, and it spread throughout my entire body soooo fast. I don't want to be sedated so I stopped lighting up