Notices

Major Gratitude at Home Group

Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Major Gratitude at Home Group

Last night was so moving I had tears in my eyes. It was anniversary meeting, the last Tuesday of every month when people celebrating anniversaries that month share for 15 minutes. There were six people, the "youngest" had 14 years, the "oldest" 37 years. Between them it was 128 years of continuous sobriety. I've attended this meeting for years with these same people, they are like family now.

It's one those rare meetings where we share from our hearts and sometimes go into rather deep discussions. During the past 17 years we've all had major life events, some good and some bad. Hearing the strength, humility, gratitude, humor from these people warmed my heart. Watching those six people was seeing the result of so much struggle, hard work, surrender, success, failure, love and helping others.

One person, B., with 27 years, has been coming to that meeting for decades but hadn't been around for a while. In January during brain surgery he on suffered a massive heart attack. Several of us went to see him in hospital but doctors said he was too sick for guests. There wasn't a dry eye in the room as he spoke: we all love him so much.

This is my family, the most important people in my life. God bless AA
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for shareing this wonderful HG with us....
Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

NYCdoglover,
Thats a wonderful inspiring story.
love
CaiHong