Notices

30+ days and moody

Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30+ days and moody

Hi everyone,

Been out of the loop for awhile, with some ups and downs, but back and have 30+ days under my belt. Approaching my old "record" and feeling completely committed to never, ever going back to drinking. The last month has been great, but over the weekend I started feeling irrationally angry. I snapped and screamed at people. I couldn't deal with any criticism. I felt dejected and lonely. I had two family members tell me they think I'm acting crazy (which didn't help). I have no desire to drink, I don't even think about it. I just don't understand why after a month of feeling so great, I am suddenly feeling so angry, sensitive and gross.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you going to AA meetings, Star ??

Bob R
Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi MagnifiedStar, I have about 45 days of sobriety now and I can completely relate. The first month I was doing great, but recently I have been a bit depressed and emotional and I can't figure out why. I guess we just need to ride it out. I'm sorry I don't really have any advice, but I just wanted you to know I'm in the same boat as you. Just keep focused on sobriety and it will pass (I hope).
Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster, at times but it does get better. It does even out. Just don't give up. Brighter days are ahead. Your mind & body are healing. I did years of damage to it, it's going to take more than a few months to get back to normal.
Hang in there. Take it easy on yourself.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Haven't been to AA in awhile. I looked up meetings though and am going to try to go this weekend. I know that will help for sure, just got to motivate to go.

Thanks PCL and Gord - very good to know I'm not alone.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Meetings keep me sober and spiritually/emotionally "on the beam".

All the best.

Bob R
Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Star,

As unfounded and irrational as these emotions may feel right now, at least they're YOUR emotions... And not those of one who is 5, 6, 7 drinks removed. I think the rollercoster of emotion is sometimes just how we feel... Unfortunately, it just kinda is what it is. It's too bad your family members said that when you were already feeling a little sensitive. As with every thing though, 'this too shall pass.'

Keep your head up sunshine and be absolutely PROUD of the fact that you're feeling icky and are NOT drinking. That's all you, own it!!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Magnified Star,

Congrats on the 30 days. I can totally relate. My family especially at the beginning triggered me no end. I would walk out in restaurants, scream at them.
They would irritate me so much.

This forum taught me about PAWS, Dee posted a link, after reading that I felt so much better,it explain that it can take time for the alcohol to leave your system and your emotions stabilize. What a relief, I still got crazy but I knew now what was happening, if you can avoid triggers, until you are better equipped.

Meetings certainly help, I have been feeling antsy and meeting brought pack some peace and quietude to my emotions and mind.

LOve
caiHong