Notices

Manic Bipolar,Anxiety Addiction

Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Manic Bipolar,Anxiety Addiction

Was diagnosed 3 weeks ago. And im stabilizing on my meds. I just had 30 days clean so everything seems to be moving forward but, i just feel so alone on this road. I dont know if im isolating or it just a lonely place n spot to be in. I cant find and DRA mtgs around here so im reaching out through this .... Any advice?
Anything?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! you'll find some good support here. lots of great folks too!

love from Lenina
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome thekid530
I have no experience to share myself but I'm others here will chime in

I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome
Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I go to DRA meetings too. Just my experience; the more i go the more contacts i make and feel less alone. I can tell you after being sober awhile IT GETS BETTER - i promise you that. You are dealing with alot at 30 days sober. Be sure to be gentle with yourself and spoil yourself. Perhaps at the meetings you will make contacts for coffee and such - - helping with the isolation. In my opinion- you are doing well with being so early in recovery. I wish you the best.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey you arent alone although I believe its the lonliest deal going. AA is for addiction and there is little understanding re BP disorder. I have found keeping it private the only solution. Most people think its us and were not ``working the steps``....its bunk and their way of justifying ignorance. AA cofounder Bill is documented as BP himself. the book states there are the manic depressive types to which a whole chapter should be written. One day till then my advice is only those you really trust. I dont even share with family as it went so badly with earlier disclosures. We need meds...BUT without the steps my illness would be FAR worse. They help with both interestingly enough. The steps help your skin fit without booze and drugs, as a side plus they totally help with BP thinking. Im in yr 5 and struggle this month as I lost a brother to cancer last month but I doubled my meetings and only do literature meetings when possible. I send you White Light and all th e power I can muster.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Welcome Kid!

I am BP as well, and recovering from drug and alcohol abuse, as well as other "process" addictions.

I started in NA, and use that program, along with some other 12 step and spirituality programs to grow in sobriety.

My BP hasn't gone away, but I am better able to handle the ups and downs...without resorting to dangerous behavior.

I have found it invaluable to find recovery groups/programs (mostly online) that account for situations beyond substance abuse.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ur not alone

hey man, I'm also BP manic depressive, and its taken me a long 4 year road to finally get my meds straight. I'm on 150mg of Wellbutrin. .5mg Klonopin, and 5 mg of Zyprexa. I finally feel like mmy moods are evened out and I have a much easier time controlling my temper and anger.
Ive found a few things that help. First, going for a walk with music every day. even if its raining, take an umbrella. Second, watch one favorite comedy for half hour everyday. theres tons of shows on internet in case u miss your fav program on tv. third, and finally, start thinking of a person you can help. you might not have the money, but you have the mind. think of ways you can help this person and make them feel better. this takes the focus off yourself and you'll find it gives you relief.
hope you get better dude. good luck!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and congratulations on 30 days! What saved me was jumping into AA and doing 90 meetings in 90 days. I couldn't have gotten sober on my own, it was the support of other alcoholics that saved my life. Going to meetings got me out of my own head and I always feel a lift after being in a meeting. The one thing that can really help with depression is action, but it's the hardest thing to do. I've read that fast walking/running are the equivalent of Prozac. It works for me to go to meetings.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you.. Im back to work, and meeting more feeling better.. Almost 2 months clean.. Im having a hard time sitting through meeting, anxiety is getting the best of me