Police on my top 10 call list... ;/

Old 05-18-2012, 12:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Police on my top 10 call list... ;/

The police just left (yet again).

My exah (separated since nov) showed up and rang my buzzer 5x and then went across the street and just sat - refusing to leave when I said "go away - the police are coming" he claimed he wanted "his" feather duvet. He has nothing left here to get anymore but he always seems to have some excuse to bother me

It started last week with him sending me 2 emails - "missing" me and "wanting to be friends". I didn't respond. 5 days later, a 3rd email to threaten to take me for half of everything if he doesnt get what's fair. I ALMOST responded in anger but my friend talked me down from the Codie ledge and I wrote something to get it out but am leaving it for lawyers

So he shows up tonight as above - I call 911 and police attend 20 min later and give him a harassment warning which changed his nice and cooperative attitude - he was all nice and sweet to the officers acting like a victim and when the police guy went back without a blanket he was shocked. *Then when they gave him the official warning they said his demeanor changed and he got really pissed off and said he was going far away from here (I can only hope).
yes - he's really pissed because the police know more than he wants and he's furious because they saw right through his "nice" facade ---- the officer said it was like night and day how he changed ... And became really angry. *They don't think he will be back this eve ... *he really gets a kick out of manipulating people and he thought for sure he was going to get this duvet - feather one worth $100 ---- just a control thing so he'd think he could come back yet again.... and again. He has manipulated family, friends, police, jurys and judges so much that it literally seems to have shocked him that he was told to officially go away and stop harassing me.

Police will be doing all night drive bys (they are taking this very seriously) AND they said it makes my case stronger for not responding to his emails! So anyone out there building a case against their addict --- keep emails and messages etc but do not engage. It will weakens any case for harassment charges.

I pray everyone here have a peaceful sleep this eve. Big Hugs!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm impressed by your strength. I hope things calm down and you can have a peaceful life without the worry of being harassed.

Thank goodness for those dedicated police officers! Our local officers had been a great support to us in years past; I am forever grateful.

Hang in there and stay strong.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh. All of that takes me back 30 years to my own divorce from XAH. They just push and push. Glad you handled it all so well!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-18-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this but am impressed by the strength you're exhibiting. Good for you!

The subject of your post made me laugh... If someone looked at my contact list on my phone they'd think I was a social worker or something... Police, crisis response, every treatment facility within a 50 mile radius (just In case he ever asks for help), homeless shelters, sober houses, etc etc etc. it's really pretty pathetic... But at one time I guess it gave me some comfort to feel prepared, or at least gave me something to do besides worry about him.