Just feeling really down today.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just feeling really down today.

Feeling really down today. Mother's day is Sunday and as usual my AH is spending the day with his family of A's. I haven't participated in anything with his family since my AH began the active addiction 7 years ago and went to treatment because of the horrible way they treated me and because they actually encourage his drinking, saying 1 or 2 won't hurt him.

I have 2 children from my first marriage, we do not have kids together. He knows I will not be spending mothers day with my kids and I am hurt that he doesn't see that this year it would be nice for him to spend the day with me.

My son went to to treatment 3 years ago and is sober, doing very well and I am so proud of him but he is very involved in AA and already has plans for Sunday.

My daughter is in a horrible marriage, they fight constantly and it's both of them. although her husband is physically violent. Very hard to spend time with her because when we do, she is busy texting and fighting with her husband and then gets emotional saying she doesn't know what to do - it's been going on for 5 years and she has every excuse why she doesn't or can't leave so I quit trying to offer advise. When she has had enough she will leave.

In the past 7 years, I would focus on my mother for Mother's day so I always had plans. My mother passed away from ovarian cancer, her birthday was this last Tuesday and Sunday is mother's day so I will go to the cemetery and bring flowers to decorate her resting place.

I really miss my mother and I know it's going to be hard day and I so really wanted to be with family. It just doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you can find some joy on Mother's Day. Maybe take yourself to a movie? Is there any community type event going on in your area that day that you could attend?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending Mother's Day wishes to you
from one Mom to another.

....and don't let anyone steal the joy
you deserve on that special day.