Unbelievable things alcoholics say...

Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unbelievable things alcoholics say...

I finally heard back from my AX. He says he will pay me back the money he owes me over the next 6 months or so. I'm glad I have it in writing--an email.

At the end of his email, he writes "I do not harbor any resentments about our relationship and I still care about you and wish you well."

Sigh...over two years of my life wasted on a convicted criminal and incredibly exploitative alcoholic, I was beaten numerous times, abandoned repeatedly, yelled at over and over and over again, blamed, criticized, ignored, silenced, used sexually -- and I get his well wishes and am informed that he doesn't harbor any resentments toward me.

His lack of understanding of the harm he did to me and my children is truly sociopathic.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, how lucky for you that he is able to forgive you!
WOW! They really are unbelievable, aren't they!?!?!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. You must feel so sick. His words are insane. They made me feel sick, as I do remember the addict's calm, reasonable, measured words as he spoke the most shocking, insane language, designed to inflate himself and diminish me.

Only someone who has experienced relationship with an addict will ever know what we live and the deep threatening assaults to our psyches.

I hope you get some help to build yourself in a new way so never to again be hurt this way. I hope for peace and happiness for you and your children.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unbelievable, it hurt me to read it, I have heard all this kind of ******** many times for many reasons.

I can only imagine how it made you feel, it evoked such a horrible nauseating feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Peace to you and your kids, uggggg oxoxoxox
Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Wow...how big of him!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to repay you...I doubt that it will happen any time soon.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ugh. How nauseating. I'm so sorry.

But hey, at least you have a print-out of the email, right? For small-claims court when he fails to repay you.

Hugs.