Very very grateful for recovery today

Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Very very grateful for recovery today

I am very grateful with SR, with Life, with all the wisdom found in the rooms, therapy, and with myself... 3 years ago I was suffering a great deal after breaking up with a XABF...

Today? I am feeling very proud of myself for breaking up with him and walking away... for leaving an abusive job... for trusting God is aware I exist and is not leaving me alone... for this renewed faith in the outside forces and for my capacity to heal & progress.

I have interacted with some bullies/rude people but you know what.. it no longer ruins the whole day or the whole week... I AM LETTING THEM OWN THEMSELVES... and I realize it is a gift not to be driven by the ego anymore and to have a spiritual place within to resort to, to keep going in the right direction and to keep remembering what is worth it in this life and leave all the rest..

I never thought I could feel this kind of peace and its refreshing.
I feel strong & smart for the first time! I feel I can trust myself more these days.

I am also proud of realizing how I am repeating patterns (RESENTMENT is a huge one in my family) and for refusing to continue them... I carry lots of resentment but just accepting this fact gives me hope that I can process the feelings and move on in a lighter way. I know I can do this.

THANKS FRIENDS!

PS I am loving my new career and I am so happy I could cry! this field is full of divas and judgments but it adds to my resolve to TRUST myself and ignore any opinions that don't add to my confidence/projects. I am starting to be OK with people not approving of me or my work. I got faith in me and in my work and its all that matters! I truly feel this way.

FINALLY I stopped feeling like a lapdog and more like a human being, complete by herself OMG I am so grateful.

:ghug3
Old 04-30-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good for you!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You deserve to finally be at peace. Your strong for taking charge of your life and getting yourself where you want to be.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((TC))) - Go YOU!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a beautiful post! It is wonderful to get feedback from people on the path because it shows these things work. Thank you so much for posting this heartwarming message.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks friends.. today I am also very grateful just to be ALIVE..

I did not post this as "see how happy I am!" more like THERE IS HOPE for everyone and I was not much of a believer but now, looking back I truly feel there is an HP working for me, I only needed (and still need) to be HUMBLE and let life continue flowing..

I think of everyone in SR often and ask HP to keep guiding us all.

In therapy I heard a spiritual experience, a woman was "talking to HP".. she was asking why HP had left her alone.. and HP, "the inner voice" or whatever it is, answered: "you have never been alone, I was the one hugging you at your darkest hour"
Old 05-06-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have read this thread several times...so I am giving it a bump this am to spread the message of hope to others. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! But the journey to it starts with us.

Thanks for sharing TC.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Update:

I am about to finish my first semester and I love it. It has been a bumpy ride but I have had some good feedback.

Lots of alcohol, lots of drugs, lots of emotional abuse and bullying from peers, the public, teachers and even the school director... this "fashion industry" sucks! I am trying hard to keep boundaries and to know which people to avoid. And to focus.. perhaps that is what the industry needs, someone like me, honest, worried about organic materials, a respectful atmosphere, healthy models ..

I got a couple of leads on 2 jobs (one an IT boring one and the other in Fashion)....

I have been worried about income but went to yoga and tried to let God solve it and show me the way ... the next day 2 friends called me mentioning I might be able to collaborate with them..

Don't want to get too excited but I hope the good karma I have generated pays off soon!!!! So I could work then go to night classes...