Notices

in difficulties

Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

in difficulties

My body and mind Is calling out for a drink right now, will power is low. Can't stop thinking that 1 won't hurt.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

One won't hurt, but if we could stop at one, we wouldn't be here, would we?

Can you find something to do that will occupy your mind for a bit? Cravings come and go and the more you push them down and refuse to give into them, the less often they come and faster they go. Hang in there! You can do this.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Eat some ice cream. Get busy doing something. Try an AA meeting so you aren't alone. Something needs to be different! You'll get through this if you want to stay stopped.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Frenzy nothing changes if nothing changes. Try something different. Browse this forum. Pick a topic and read hundreds of posts. Your craving will pass.....it's just a thought, like a hundred others that enter and leave your mind on an hourly basis. No need to pay this one particular thought more attention than you pay the others. Don't focus on it, you'll strengthen it that way. Best of luck. Keep posting and check back with us later to let us know how you did. You'll feel awesome if you don't give in.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope you've stayed strong hun, and if not just start over xxx
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One won't help either Frenzy What do you think made you want to drink? Whatever it was don't let an external situation ruin your sobriety, and if it wasn't external...don't let your own thoughts ruin your sobriety X
Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Can't stop thinking that 1 won't hurt.
You know you're not going to be satisfied after one drink. What does your history tell you?

Our addiction is good at pitching fits but you don't have to let it take you over. The sane part of you came here and posted - listen to that part of you! Like Natalie said, read read read...... it will ground you again and the craving will pass. Imagine having a hangover right now...... is that what you really want?

Hang in there - you did good by coming here!:ghug3
Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

one leads to two...leads to wasted frenzy...dont do it, have a nice sugary brew instead hun. xx
Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Really appreciated your responses yesterday. I went the sugar route, sweets, cakes, chocolate,had sugar in my tea (thanks for that suggestion),first time in 20 years. Re read your posts to me over and over when the urge came back, another two times.
put myself to bed with a slice of cake, darent get on the scales today.
once again thanks for helping me out x
Old 04-30-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lol I demolished half a box of maltesers last night, sugar was calling me too
Old 04-30-2012, 01:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't forget to see your dr. There are medications available to help with cravings. My dr has me on two in conjunction with AA and weekly therapy. I'm on day 6 and it's like a miracle to not have the craving and obsession.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
So it goes

You're right Frenzy one wont hurt, one will destroy your good intentions as you will enjoy it and crave more.
Then it will hurt
Old 04-30-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't believe in any such thing as 'one' drink! Doesn't exist! Perhaps you can go for a walk somewhere nice, like a park or somewhere and get some fresh air? Maybe a new hobby will give you something to fill your time with, rather than drink?
Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done bet you feel proud by not falling. Take that feeling and use it every time you feel like your going to break.
John.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done getting through the craving Frenzy, anything you can do to avoid taking that first drink is worth doing. And great job posting here instead of picking up. Do you have anybody you can call during those times?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foodie1 View Post
Well done getting through the craving Frenzy, anything you can do to avoid taking that first drink is worth doing. And great job posting here instead of picking up. Do you have anybody you can call during those times?
Thanks foodie. I could call someone from the Aa group. Worried about approaching my doctor because in the line of work I'm in, if I go for another job somewhere, they ask to have access to medical records and it would be no more work for me.
felt like drinking at midday today, which I wouldn't normally do, ended up eating too much again.not too happy at the moment.
I'm going to a meeting this evening, I need to get grip of this.