Notices

DAY THREE afternoon..

Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DAY THREE afternoon..

Nothing like a lunchtime RPM class to get your mind of 'things'. Still a slight headache but still bearable...cravings come and go. It's amazing how much advertising there is for alcohol...
Fast approaching my usual Friday afternoon drinks with my brother.
And you know what? I'm thinking up excuses, he doesnt know yet, so I can go to another AA meeting instead.
How have some of you come "clean" with friends and family??
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice work on 3 days Regarding my family & friends - most had head me say I was never going to drink again countless times. I finally realized that my words didn't mean anything anymore, so I didn't say anything to them. I just quit and they saw that I wasn't drinking. I got some sober time first before I talked about it. I've got 10 months now and I recently told my husband that I'm never going to drink again. I am pretty sure he believed me this time. I believe me this time too.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I would cancel the "usual meeting" and go to an AA meeting. Just to throw a monkey wrench in your weekly routine that encourages your drinking. You don't need to come clean to your brother just yet if you don't want to but if you think he'd give you grief about ditching him for AA then i wouldn't put that stress on you. Ultimately you need to do what's right for you and your mental and physical health. I "came clean" to my family numerous times so i finally stopped doing that and let the proof be in my actions. My famly understands and knows that if i ditch them for AA it's not because i value AA over them but because i value my sobriety over EVERYTHING. Yes, even them.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Depends... is he the type that drinks or does he DRINK.
Casual drinkers generally don't give a hoot if I do or don't (drink tea or soda), it's the drinkers who want you as their personal drunk-buddy which will have a problem with your sobriety (Go to the meeting).
Old 04-27-2012, 12:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sclova seems to have it summed up.
Also 3 days is really early. Can you talk to him about the importance of not drinking.
Good luck.
John
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Thanks. He is a social drinker and a personal trainer. If I told him it was for health reasons and training he wouldnt say boo. The AA part can wait it is too early. And your right GirlfromCo
I'll let my actions speak for themselves. My wife supports me and thats what counts the most right now.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to the meeting instead.
Got the sweats on the train ride home. Used to only get those in the mornings.
The meeting was totally different from the one I went to yesterday. This was another fellowship on the next suburb. I'm so glad I didn't go to this one first. Anyway they still shared and I didn't end up drinking with my brother. So all good. I'm about to end my third day of no alcohol.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Meetings vary from time to time and place to place....I find a lot of it has to do with what my frame of mind is...I haven't left one yet where I didn't hear at least one thing I needed to hear. Keep coming back...They grow on you.

And congrats on three days...It does get easier every day.