Notices

Frazzled Nerves

Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Frazzled Nerves

So after a long night last night that was quite stressful I had quite a day today.

I got pulled over twice on the way home from work. I drive an older car with 200,000 miles on it that my wife and I both use. The carseat for my daughter is in the other.

Anyway, the cops first question both times of course was have you been drinking tonight? It was so nice to say nope I dont drink!

I got pulled over for my headlight being out both times. The second cop let me go cause the first one gave me a ticket for court in 2 months.

Then I nearly hit a deer a few miles from home.

What a day! It seems like as soon as things start to come together something else breaks. As soon as I start to save some money, a big expenditure pops up! Anyone else ever feel that way?

I got quite stressed but Im not gonna drink no way no how. I just feel like Im being tested.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry so much is happening right now Fallow - I think most of us find there's never a good time to start recovery - but I do think the more we deal with stuff, the easier it gets

D.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds sucky, but almost worth it to answer, "No, I haven't been drinking" when asked. I have to say I love being able to drive whenever, wherever.

I am sorry it it so tough right now. Hate to drop a platitude on you, but I will. This too shall pass.

Best.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Forgot to add, every time you "pass" a test, you are that much smarter. :-) And that much stronger. When things like this happen to me, I am tempted to look up at the sky, and say, "Bring it unniverse! Is that the best you got??"

It is easy to stay sober sometimes when life is easy. Harder when it isn't. But just think, you can look back and be even that much prouder that you not only survived, but thrived in the face of adversity.

Hope you are resting well if it is 3 am in your world, like it is in mine. Can't sleep, but at least I am productive and not an anxiety ridden fool.