Notices

New and needing help

Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question New and needing help

Hello to everyone here at SR. I just found the site and am glad to read all the posts and everything. I am looking for some info and experiencesyself. I am 22 and have been addicted to opiates for over 3 years non stop. My main problem is roxy/oxy. I am so tired of it and wish to get help. I've tried suboxone recovery, I relapsed and after a few months I have spent my entire back account and actually am in the hole. I have looked into recovery options and methadone seems to be my best bet as subs didn't work and I can't ct even if my situation allowed it. So, hello to all and I look forward to getting off this **** like you strong people are/working on it. Can anyone give me some help here as I am nervous and such..I've heard a lot of bad things about meth so any knowledge or experience would be helpful. I've heard of a lot of deaths because of od? And that it makes a lifer out of most due to the withdrawals? Please help. I wanted to get in ASAP but Friday is my appointment just FYI. I hope to hear from you all. Thanks so much, and apologies on the long post.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What other support system besides the opiate replacement are you using? Have you been seeing a therapist or going to meetings? Ever try an outpatient or inpatient program? For many of us stopping the drugs turned out to be the easiest part. It was staying stopped that was the problem.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been off Methadone for 2 months (was on it for 4 yrs) and cravings have never came back. As for starting on methadone, it took the cravings a couple weeks to a month to go away. I hated how long I got stuck on Methadone, but I'm still glad I did it. But really your the only one that can make that decision because everyone is different, and there's a million different stories.....
Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Have you tried calling the NA hotline?