Notices

So happy to have switched Higher Powers

Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

So happy to have switched Higher Powers

Good morning all I wish every a lovely day and to all to stay on the right side of the fence. And for everyone to share a little with someone else.

I am just up early one of those where I woke up and felt like staying up for the duration of the day. So I was thinking a bit about the new life and the old. So now my new life is one of submission,release, and action. For those 20+ years that I was in the drinking and drugging world. I really for the most part didnt realize I had a Higher Power which was the drink, it lead to everything else. In the latest years then I knew but by this time I was so lost and hopeless just like so many before me. My own will was lost against the power of alcohol and the need to function without it was not possible.

But thankfully somehow one day I decided to try sobriety and detoxed and started with AA. Now this was back in June of 2010 and I had a two months then I picked up. Felt all the same feelings as everyone else shame , remorse, guilt ect. But I went back and did it again then drank again, and couple of those kind of months went on.

So when I FINALLY really got serious about it was the change in everything. I finally trully admitted that I had to submit to the power of alcohol. During that time I was still searching for a HP to believe I mostly used the people in the rooms and still do. But each and every day now over 100 days of sobriety I keep finding my own deep meaning and relationship with my Higher Power and only mine. So I right this today for all the new people that I read about so often and say things like AA isnt for me because of religion. I am not a religious person in the slightest. And these people and this program have been able to give me more in this 100 days then I ever had in decades. :ghug3

Please dont think I am saying its for everyone or anything like that, it just is for me. And truly my own thinking just did not work it was going to kill me shortly. So why not try something else.

As always Smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good love, Inda
Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can see it working for you and understand your revelation.
Oh and 100 days plus seems very good to you.
John.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Inda great post. For me the change has been that this time I am more willing to be part of something rather than self contained. Rock On
Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

What a nice day it was. Sunny not hot nor cold. Just a sweet day
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Inda for such a nice post. You sound happy!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post!!!!

You put a smile on my lips - you have a great day, too.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Inda for sharing how it is for you . I was thinking today along the lines of why didn't I come to the revelation earlier than alcohol was destroying my life and holding me back from so many things I wanted to do.

I have no answer why now and not earlier or later but having been given the gift of sobriety I hope never to lose sight of how precious it is.
CaiHong
Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cfm

IndaMiricale
And these people and this program have been able to give me more in this 100 days then I ever had in decades.
Welcome back,
Get a sponsor, get a home group and get active.
Be cautious of the advice on this board. Take what you read with a grain of salt. Don't spend all your time here. The person behind your screen is invisible. Youv'e got people claiming to be sober when the reality is some have one hand on the keyboard and a Bud-lite in the other. Stay in the rooms, that's where your recovery is.