Notices

two days down

Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

two days down

I decided to take a moment to post this in hopes it will help make this stick for me and increase my commitment. I just completed two full days and feel terrible. I haven't slept, or eaten and am queasy sitting here. I feel a little better than I did last night though, the pains have eased up. I need to stick this out and never touch oxy again. Thanks again for the advice, it's been useful.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Upquark, I'm glad your pain is easing up, and well done on such strong resolve.

If you want a bit of inspiration for coping with cold turkey check out BadHabit:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/.../badhabit.html

Look at his forum posts and blog - he didn't post for long, but his absolute exuberance at how he felt once he cleaned up really keeps me going

Btw, we still email each other - he's doing great, and completely loved up.

Good luck dude, and keep posting xxx
Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it going upquark

D
Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't give up and keep going. Please just post you are okay if that's all you can do.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm still at it, better in some ways, worse in others. I can drink some stuff now, but I was not prepared for this anxiety, and this crawling, pain... I can't wait to make it through this
Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 2

I'm in the same boat I'm on day 2 off oxys you're a day ahead. The detox is horrible but worth it to be clean I flushed all my oxy's yesterday and I feel a little empowered but very sick. what are you taking to help ease the withdrawal?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sf, that's excellent you flushed them. It's tough going through with that. I flushed mine too and my thought was.. there goes $550, I'm committed now.

I haven't been taking anything and it's been very unpleasant but getting more manageable. I tried going to work before I got sent home. I hate feeling this way but I cannot go back there.

How're you?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go you two! Make sure you have some vitamins and lots of fluids! Don't let your head get to you. It will get better and better every day.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

2 days is awesome! By day 3 I started to feel just the slightest bit better...not big time til about day 5 or 6, but a little bit....and by day 3 I didn't want a pill every second...maybe every few minutes, but the thought wasn't consuming quite like day 1 and 2....just keep pushing forward...get thru this minute, then next...each sunrise, even if you've been up all night and are watching it....is a new day and another day you've made it thru and have gotten closer to the you you want to be...because you've done this before its going to be the staying sober that you have to work hardest at...I suggest the video diary and since I've started suggesting it so many people have hopped on board telling me what a good idea it is....it'll be that live action reminder of how bad this is and how you don't ever want to do it again
Old 04-15-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Just another day in paradise..

good job! each day will get better and your confidence will build. a little effort goes along way