Notices

I forgot not all sickness is w/ds

Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I forgot not all sickness is w/ds

I woke up this morning feeling achey, tired, and over heated. My first thought was "urggggghhhh why do I keep doing this to myself" then I opened my eyes and laughed because I haven't used in about a month and I seemed to forget that people get sick. I was so used to waking up with terrible w/ds that my half asleep self just assumed waking up not feeling well meant that I had used the night before. It actually feels SO weird to have a virus and to feel crappy but not have to blame myself for it. although I don't feel good, I am greatful that I was able to lay in bed all day without having any guilt/self blame.

Sorry for the rant !

~Yellieee
Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

It's a whole new feeling to be sick without it being self-inflicted.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Thats funny Not making fun of you but just the place that your mind automaticaly went followed immedioutly by wait a second that isn't it makes me chuckle. Good on you for a month I am around there as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Sick and not your fault! Cool! Hope you feel better soon. Congratulations on 30 days.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I got a really bad flu when I was in rehab and was laid up for a couple days there. Unfortunately that meant being quarantined -- I was only allowed to leave my room to use the bathroom. It was almost therapeutic though, in a strange way, since that meant that I had no choice but to lie in bed and rest, which is a luxury that I haven't allowed myself much, even in sobriety.

Feel better soon!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Isn't that a great feeling? (even though your sick
Somehow, that has to make you feel a little better!
I'm only on day 12, but occassionally I don't sleep well or wake up groggy or with a headach and my first though is, "Wait, what did I do last night?" Then, I remember, NOTHING, this is just natural!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you on the 30 days. I had accepted waking up feeling lousy every morning until I awoke feeling so much better and realized the effect the alcohol was having each day. Now I'm trying to evaluate those aches/pains that remain and dealing with them without alcohol (still better than with).
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FLA

What's ds?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the congrats on a month and yes being sick is now a whole new experience and it def. makes me feel better knowing it wasn't because I used forabetterlife!

I love how I can come on here and say how I feel and everyone understands. If I would have told this to some of my friends their response would have been a puzzled look and something along the lines of "guilty conscious eh".

Hope everyone has a good day!

~Yellieee