Notices

Just Completed My First Fifth Step......

Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Completed My First Fifth Step......

And I feel strangely confident. I don't feel like such a bad person. Thankfully, I have a great sponsor, who walked me through it. I guess what this has taught me, is that I'm not a bad person. I'm just a sick person. I shared everything I felt bad about, and my sponsor simply said: "Matt, you haven't told me anything out of the ordinary. You're just like me and anyone else in AA."

More than anything though, those feelings of "terminal uniqueness" have already started to subside. For the first time, I feel like a true member of Alcoholics Anonymous, and not an outsider looking in.

I'm not stupid enough to say I'll never drink again. But I will say this much: If I keep doing what I'm doing, and work through the remainder of the steps, and practice AA's principles in all my affairs..........I'll never have to drink or do drugs again.

Thank you SR, and thanks to all the wonderful people of Alcoholics Anonymous.

It's only taken six years of going in and out, but I finally feel as if I can move forward with the rest of the program, and help other alcoholics in the process.

I have never felt this secure in myself, or in my recovery as I do right now. And I owe it all to you people. Thank you.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Excellent, Squizz. Great to hear this.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news squizz,wish you well on your journey in recovery.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

thats great!
best wishes on your journey
Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind replies. At tonight's meeting, I didn't feel out of place one bit. I actually felt like I belonged there. And it felt great, I gotta' admit.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Smile

Squizz: I'm not stupid enough to say I'll never drink again. But I will say this much: If I keep doing what I'm doing, and work through the remainder of the steps, and practice AA's principles in all my affairs..........I'll never have to drink or do drugs again.
This is so good to read, Squizz. Thank you for posting it!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Nice post Squizz. Describes my experience exactly. About this time I began to feel the presence of my HP (God) for the first time. As I read page 75 I began to realise that what the book was telling me was true, and it inspired me to carry on with the rest of the steps with a new faith and enthusiasm. You are going to walk through that arch a free man! Ain't it great?