Daughter kicked out of rehab after 4 days

Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daughter kicked out of rehab after 4 days

My daughter was Rehab,heroin, from prison to a rehab center. Has been in rehab center 4 days. Asked and was granted a pass to go the hosp ER because of leg issues. Was given a cab voucher for transportation. I'm new to rehab rules snf policies so I'm unsure why she was kicked out of rehab for missing curfew.

While new to rehab rules, I not new to lies slickness of an addict. There is a lot of this post I don't understand. 'Late return'........Rehab states she should hve called........Daughter said there is no phone at the bedside in the ER and asked a nurse to call. From what I understand there was no checking out her story. Just asked her to ledave. This is after being in jail and sober for 90 days. Just doesn't seem right.........Get out! Hard to find anyone to talk to
(because HIPAA). Spoke to one nurse said it is the rules of the insurance company. Seems stupid to have wasted 90 days foe returning late. You can sit in an ER for many hours. I know.......she should have called herself. Well because of a nice guy at the hospital she did get into a program one day at a time). Plus, all this going on and she is still on probation.

Any of this make sense?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi NDJ you dont say how old your daughter is but I'm thinking she's young.Rehab's have rules for a reason I'm sure she was explained this before she left fot the hosp.As addicts we are not used to following the rules. She can use this as a learning expeirence maybe she will learn or maybe she wont thgats up to her.
Welcome to SR try to read the stickies on top of the page they will help you get into a recovery of your own which is very important
Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been to a couple rehabs when i was younger and they are EXTREMELY strict, especially about curfew. And heres why: When i was in the facility, our curfew was 11pm. Once, a girl called and said she was having bad stomache pains and was going to the hospital. The director totally underdstood and told her to just keep everyone updated on her condition. The next day cops showed up at 8am. That girl was found dead and naked at the beach...the rehab was responsible for her death because they never actually verified the hospital visit. It is essentially impossible to do so, you can only verify someones admittance but times often arent accurate. Another time, someone called the director and said she was feeling light headed and was going to the hospital. She showed up drunk as hell at the facility, no proof ever showed she was at the hospital. She was kicked out immediately.

If i were you, I would request the video tapes in the waiting room. Give them to the director of the facility. They cant possible kick her out, if her absinece is a verfied medical emmergency
Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TMZ

Hi welcome to SR. Glad you found us. There is a lot of experience her and a lot to learn, read the stickies above and keep posting.

Rehab has nothing to do with medical emergency's that is usually reported to the parents and it is your choice to take them or not. (especially if they are a minor) But even if they are an adult the rules to rehab are the rules and you read them and singed them before admittance. it is not a lock down facility because the A must want to help themselves. A medical release weather legitimate or not is out of rehab. Out is out of the program.

Now she chose to leave, now she need to decide what to do next. You can't do it for her. But you can find help for yourself.