Notices

Is it just me??

Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it just me??

I've tried searching on this site and Google. I can't find an answer anywhere...... Is it just me or do your hands and feet sweat like crazy?! It's been 5 weeks today after getting off methadone. The weather hasn't even been that warm here and I feel like my feet and hands are stuck in 100 degree weather!!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no it's not just you. i detoxed from suboxone and my feet mostly but also hands are super sweaty all the time. and cold.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How long have you been off suboxone??
Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

3 wk
Old 03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ah.... Was hoping to also know when it'll stop. I don't know anyone that knows and couldn't find an answer anywhere.....
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

UT, I also experience cold feet when its warm and it feels like no blood is circulating to them but its all part of the w/d. 5 wks out you're still in the PAWS stage but how long and how severe your symptoms are depend on how high your dose was and how long you were on it. Making it 5 weeks without to me is a minor miracle though so good job and good luck with your symptoms, hope they go away soon for you.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I had a clean period off heroin a few years ago I had a heck of a problem with sweaty hands. It actually went on for over a year but it got better in time.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DDayzelle View Post
UT, I also experience cold feet when its warm and it feels like no blood is circulating to them but its all part of the w/d. 5 wks out you're still in the PAWS stage but how long and how severe your symptoms are depend on how high your dose was and how long you were on it. Making it 5 weeks without to me is a minor miracle though so good job and good luck with your symptoms, hope they go away soon for you.
I was on methadone for 4 yrs. I got to 160mgs, but stopped at 50mgs..... My symptoms withdrawals were not as bad as when I've tried stopping before but this time I drank a lot of gatorade and took some vitamins and I think that helped this time.

Originally Posted by zigzig View Post
When I had a clean period off heroin a few years ago I had a heck of a problem with sweaty hands. It actually went on for over a year but it got better in time.
AH That would suck!! Hope it doesn't happen to me because it is EXTREMELY annoying and kinda embarrassing...........
Old 04-03-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SOBERWRLDRCDPOWER

I've detoxed from Methadone three times and it's the methadone. Your not even out of withdrawals out all yet from that mean ole crap! Methadone gets in your bone marrow and it slowly releases itself into the blood stream so it takes awhile to get it all out of the body. God just thinking of coming off of that drug makes me wanna vomit and I've been clean six years. I kept going back because I couldn't take it!!!! But your outta the battle zone for sure. You might still have some lucid dreams and night sweats and definitely the warm and cold hands and feet. But hang in there it's almost over. Dam drug. Yucko. Hang in there and Best Wishes
Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SOBERWRLDRCDPOWER

I was on Methadone for 4 years and after 140mgs you have to sign a oiece of paper saying that this isn't meeting your need a long with a blood sample to see how your body metabolizes it and suere enough I was metabolizing it all. So I got to go up to 170 mgs. Yay for me. I quit went back quit went back and quit and went back, That drug is horrible to come off and I did it once in jail and though for the first time if I jumped off the top railing onto my head I'd die. But my luck I wouldn't and they'd give me methadone for pain. lol. Sweating is just from the methadone. It builds up in your bone marrow so it's slowly released into the blood stream for quite some time. That's why detox is so long and hideous. Sounds like your almost in the clear. Hang in there. Best of Luck!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm definitely on the better sides of things!! But its just irritating..... But yeah I'd take these symptoms over the first couple weeks for sure!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

METHADONE DOES NOT GET INTO YOUR BONE MARROW! That's a myth. There is no truth to it at all. It doesn't get into your bones or affect your bones in any way. Methadone has a very long half life which is why withdrawals take so much longer than from short acting opioids.
You don't have to suffer this way though. You can taper down to 1mg and have little to no withdrawals instead of jumping off at a higher dose and suffer for weeks. Getting off methadone doesn't have to be hard if you do it the right way.