Notices

Day 3 of methadone clinic

Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Day 3 of methadone clinic

Well, it's kinda hard to say how I've been feeling actually...weird huh? Well I did go Thursday and received my first dose of thirty and yesterday was jumped to 40mg. Today 45mg and I can increase by 5mgs daily until 60mg which would be next week right b4 I see the dr so then we can discuss my future dosing.
Well my energy is slowly returning as I now have spurts of it every now and there. I do overall feel better and my drug usage is WAY down. I only find myself needing about 3-4 30s a day, give or mostly take. Thus is definitely related to the fact I'm not at my therapeutic level yet. It's been a crazy past 2 days at the clinic tho, all over my health insurance. Its a private one, yay! What a pain in the a**. But hopefully with my Drs PA everything will be approved and I won't be forced to pay out of pocket for everything. But if I do have to pay for everything, then so be it!!
I am still waking up in the middle of the night numerous times and half of them I'm soaking wet requiring a pajama change. But I'm sure that will also improve once I'm on a stable maintenance dose.
I met a few "interesting" people, some more than others, lol. But it wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be. I'm still very, very thrilled with my decision to go!! I have been doing alit if self reflection, especially regarding the last 4 yrs of my life and I'm very disappointed in myself. But I'm just very glad that I saw and recognized that I was in a bad place and I didn't even recognize myself or my behavior and its gut wrenching.
"I've always taken 3 steps back these last 4 yrs and I'm glad to say the I'm now making 3 leaps forward!!"