Notices

the wonder of my HP

Old 12-24-2003, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the wonder of my HP

Yesterday, as some of you may know, I was definitely NOT having a good day . Due , mostly , to the fact that my son has disowned me, and this will be the first time he and his family will not be here for Christmas .

BUT this thread is not a whinge ,

I woke yesterday , with a HUGE panic attack, and depression hanging over me , it is actually the first time I have had this since I was about 2 weeks sober .

So, I thought , do " the next right thing" ! I rang my Sponser ...not home
I rang 2 AA members .....not home ! lol to be expected really , since it was christmas Eve .

OK get to a meeting ........instead of picking up a drink

I had to get a bus and a train to the meeting, which in itself causes me some anxiety , wore my sunnies , so the tears did not show . When I arrived , I felt terrible, still crying , this was not a usual meeting for me , but the only one happening at this time .

1st amazing thing was there was 1 oldtimer (male) from my home group there , but when I am in full panic mode , I dont communicate very well, so just said Hi

2nd amazing thing 1/2 way thru the meeting , a female home group person arrived , she did not see me . Anyway after the meeting , I fled , still in panic mode , to the train station , and caught train, it was packed

The train I usually would get was cancelled , so i got another , and had to change trains .When I got off to change , imagine my surprise , to hear my name called , and there was the girl from my home group, she had been on the same train , remember , packed train,and had seen me get off, and thought I needed some TLC! We walked to her place , had a cool drink and a yak, and she dropped mwe where I needed to do my shopping !

How good was that !

Thank you HP

Lee
Old 12-24-2003, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

(((Lee))) Angels without wings!! :xmaslol

I am so pleased you went out to find them.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

******{LEE}}}} This is what recovery is all about - Gong to any lengths!! Good onya for not giving up. How many people would hve gone to such lengths on Chrstmas Eve, especially, to find te company of sober alcoholics!!!

Have a wonderful day, Lee, your sobriety sure is showing!!!
Old 12-25-2003, 01:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks girls
I went to a wonderful AA Xmas dinner today , before work too, so am not doing too bad in the meeting department ! lol

Hope you had a good one

HUGX
Lee
Old 12-25-2003, 01:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lee,

Im so glad that your bad turned into allright.
I know how those panic attacks can take over.

hugs to you Lee!!