Notices

5 weeks after detoxing off methadone Q??

Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 weeks after detoxing off methadone Q??

So I detoxed myself off 50mgs of methadone, I was on it for 4 yrs and at one point was all the way to 160mgs. Most of the symptoms are pretty much gone. Except I constantly get headaches (when I do to much or think to much lol), back aches, knee pain. Now before the methadone and pain pills I always had a little knee pain and back pain. But the back pain is worse now.... So the question is when will this stop?? Is it from getting off methadone??

I'm just hoping that "numbing" my body with pain pills then methadone for a total of 6 yrs didn't mess something else more.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm curious, why did you jump off 50mg? Why didn't you taper down all the way?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sick of paying $360 a month to the clinic for one! lol. It's a long story....... but short end it was turning my life into the wrong one. And I don't currently work and my bf was paying for it and when I get a job I was gonna have to pay for it myself, the way the world is and my background I'm not gonna be able to get a job to pay for that, rent, food, gas..... So I figure while I have the time off and support with my family I'd get it over with, and I'm SOOOOOO glad I did.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@UTC I have Scoliosis, a bad right knee - from overcompensating for a surgery on my left knee as a child....I'm very familiar with knee and back pains. I have found though that in pushing through it to do some back and leg strengthening however, it does help with pain in joints and back. Not everyone can do so, depending on their medical situation, but I have found that little activity leaves my body more sore, especially since I sit at work. Maybe this is something you can try out. There are really good lower back exercises out there that could help with the pain over the course of a few days/weeks. Good luck.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i am also on methadone been on it for 5 yrs i was on 80mg was the highest i was ever at now i'm on 13mg took me a while but i feel awesome so far i work and exercise (go to the gym) 3 days a week and i plan on being off completely hopefully by the end of the summer i am more than determined at this point it has helped me get where i want to be in life which is happy with a house family job and a sober support system my next task will be quiting cigerettes lol
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Utcandy you have done superb I hope your pain goes
Away soon .it shud get better in my exsperianse
How long I dont no..
pain used to come and go when I quite methadone
But got better over time.
I had knee and ankle pain from joging when on methadone
But dident no I was doing eny damedge because I was methadoned up
Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NAIOU

After detoxing from 45mg. of methadone all my bones hurt for at least a month. The methadone gets into your bones and it takes some time to get over it. Hope this helps. Logo
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by logo View Post
After detoxing from 45mg. of methadone all my bones hurt for at least a month. The methadone gets into your bones and it takes some time to get over it. Hope this helps. Logo
Methadone does NOT get into your bones
Its stored in the liver some how

It just feels like it because your bones hurt
Old 07-10-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i always get comfort while listening to not afraid for eminem when detoxing! you know the kid does a lot of methadone!! when it gets too rough just listen to this song it should raise ur spirit alooooooooot! it does me tooooo well i feel like I'm the one singing in front of a huge crowd lol i know it sounds cheesy but when i close my eyes i go anywhere i want my mind to take me! try going out try living a normal life and u won't even feel ur wds no more!
it always makes me stay positive!! just hang on!!!! if uv made it 5 weeks ur done its over the dark clouds are gone u are depandance free!! personally I'm on day 5 detoxing heroin! i was on sub for a while i tried getting off that the WD just lasted too long.. i got back on heroin till i detoxed the sub now I'm done detoxing from the heroin but in my case its not a money issue!!! i actually came to this conclusion with my MD! he was like if u think u can last 5 days of intense symptoms rather than months of slow toucher!!!

IM DEFINITELY not telling you to do the same! i come from a different part of the world than u! things are different here! I'm just telling u how I'm coping with my WD! today was the 1st day i got out of bed!! 1ssstttttt thing i did was go get a tattoo saying
after fire comes rain
after pleasure comes pain!!
(the warmth u feel on opiates compared to the freezing sweat chills u get to the rain)
(after pleasure comes pain its says it all) anytime i get offered or think about heroin the 1st word that comes to my mind is PAIN... if you can find something to motivate you, yourself find it and do it!!

lyrics from the song that i just scream out when i hear it!!

AND I JUST CANT KEEP LIVING THIS WAY
SO STARTING TODAY
IM BREAKING OUT OF THIS CAGE!
IM STANDING UP
IMA FACE MY DEMONS
IM MANING UP
IMA HOLD MY GROUND
IV HAD ENOUGH
NOW IM SO FED UP
TIME TO PUT MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER RIGHT NOWWWWW!!

just listen to the song when ur really down I'm sure it will give u a sense of satisfaction
anyways stay strong and remember there is pain after the pleasure,,,, its this substance that makes u feel so good... its also the reason u me or any opiate addict post of forums!
its killing us muchhhhh more than making us feel better!! don't u think of taking a dose and starting from squ 1
Old 11-03-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

UTCandy1, you have done an inspiring thing! I congratulate you in your journey. You have moved me. On your back pain, I have spinal stenosis and i use 2 Aleve in the morning. Try that or ibuprofen for the back pain. Did you jump off at 50 mgs? And did you use anything else to help you in your detox? I really am glad you posted, you have stirred something in me. you go girl!