Notices

Sick and Itchy

Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zee

Sick and Itchy

I felt sick yesterday (thursday) a real queezy top of stomach up to your throat sick feeling, couldn't eat anything all day (still a bit too thin, so not eating is not good). It scared the heck out of me as it was the same feeling I used to get when I had a hangover (which was alot)... I had almost forgot that feeling, so whatever caused it (bug, something I ate) brought it back to me...
how on earth for just a couple of hours feeling happy/relaxed/relieved you get all those hours, feeling like utter krapp and useless and good for nothing! Then going back and doing it all again!!! (Felt depressed today as well, all in all not pleasent)

On another happy note, I am 7 months sober today (friday) but 3 weeks ago I started itching....ALL OVER... like I have things crawling under my skin, its making me bleed where I constantly scratch. Not seen doc about it yet, but have as usual self diagnosed it which has put the willies up me further (metaphorically speaking!) Its either 'bile something or other' or its my nervous system reactivating itself. My recent liver function tests were normal (not sure how much is functioning though as have 'damage' there) A year ago I had edema and asctites which has cleared and my skin feels thicker and has fat in it, not just bones underneath. I still have neuropathy which seems better (or I'm just getting used to it!) but... its just this bloody bloody itch!!! Its driving me nuts!!!! I've got E45, Hydrochortesone, Betnovate, Dermovate, calomine lotion.. you name it, tried it all... the only thing that gives me any releif is witch hazel lotion, but thats only temporary

Anyone else got any itch experiences?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 7 months Zee

Sorry you're itchy tho - why not see a Dr?

D
Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Zee!

I am sorry you don't feel well. I am 7 months sober and got the flu today. I was thinking the same thing - how much this feels like a hangover, and how it is hard to believe I would make myself feel like this for 48 hours for 5 hours of "fun". I was so frustrated...I just couldn't stop.

Anyway, about the itch. Sounds like you know more than I do, but when I was going through a very stressful time a few years ago I developed hives....little blood blisters that itched like crazy on my arms. And I scratched - especially in my sleep. Now I have scars on my arms from that. I wish I would have gone to the doctor sooner. I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed it and prescribed a cream that made it go away almost immediately. (I don't remember what it was, but it had to be especially mixed at a pharmacy that made compounds.) Don't mess around like I did! Best wishes to you. Feel better soon!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zee

Thanks guys... I will make an appointment to go see him. The only problem is I have all the prescribed creams anyway from when I had alcoholic rashes pre-sobriety. I know he'll say 'it's your liver' which is his standard answer now to any of my concerns/problems! But I'll go see him anyway. (He is very used to me now - I practically live there...Im a chronic hypochondriac as well...)
Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Zee

Sissy, I hope you are feeling better soon ... I had flu once, not nice