Notices

life in limbo

Old 03-27-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Unhappy life in limbo

My life is in limbo. My roommate has moved my husband and my move out date from September to the end of May which means i have to find somewhere to live that will take 4four cats and a parrot. Our rent here is only $400 a month. It has to be along a bus line (one car and we currently live way outside the city). My husband is also talking about moving from the Milwaukee area to Boston which i'm not happy about. I was just getting settled here. I had a major panic attack and a horrible urge to drink. I left the house, cried a ton and went to my sober living club for coffee. I feel like a leaf in the wind. The only good thing is that i didn't drink. I'm so tired of this. I really want to stay in the Milwaukee area. We still own our house in Alabama and are making mortgage payments on it. I'm stopping that tomorrow and we'll have to go into foreclosure. My life is in so much chaos right now. Sometimes i just want to check out. I called my sponsor and will talk to her more later tonight. Just when things started to go right they started falling apart and going to **** again. I can't win for losing.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Grits. Life can be rough sometimes. But being sober is far better than escaping. Drinking as an escape only pauses the issue for a few hours & then reality & hangover & fallout from drinking hit you w/ a vengeance. Call whomever you need to, to not drink. You've come too far to go back now.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Grits,

Today is just a very bad day. Don't make any decisions right now. Try and talk your husband into staying in Milwaukee, but just leave it be for tonight.

I know how you feel. I just wrote today off as "it sucked day". Tomorrow will be better.

Just hang on. Play with your cats they need you. They feel your pain.

Please get a good night's sleep, okay? You are loved and supported here.

XXX000

Muffin
Old 03-27-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks everyone. I'm just emotionally and physically depleted.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better!

I had to move multiple times because of my husband's career, and I had to live in places where I didn't want to be, and I know it's not fun at all.

I hope you can find some resolution to this problem.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Drinking will deplete you more. Keep talking and venting. Prayers sent your way.
Hugs,
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ask your HP for help Grits..I'll ask mine to send some...You'll get out of this...And drinking won't be the way...You're doing great...Hang in there.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good job GRITS, to go through that and not drink, you are fantastic.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're all behind you Grits - I hate moving but I just take it a day at a time like everything else

I really hope you'll find somewhere that suits you and your needs

D
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks everyone. So many overwhelming emotions today just knocked me on my ass. I know i'll find my place wherever i end up. I hope to stay in Wisconsin but wherever i go i'll have my husband, my pets and my sobriety. It was just such a shock to my system. My husband asked for a list of cities i would like to live in so at least i know he'll be looking into other options. That makes me feel a lot better and like i've got a little more support there. Thanks everyone. Between AA, my sponsor, my family and this site, i've got all the support i could ask for and the more.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Foe what it's worth...I liked Boston...It's a nice town.