Notices

Day 2 almost done

Old 03-25-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 almost done

I had those uncomfortable feelings- like I wanted to jump out of my skin. Like I couldn't figure out what I ought to do because I have so much I need to do. Overwhelmed. I got po'd at a water hose trying to wind it up and make it perfect. Is that nuts or what?

I did go to a meeting and I did talk to my sponsor and other alcoholics. I have daily assignments and I am doing them.

I slept last night but I am afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight. I feel tired, so hopefully I will. It seems like the great alcoholic fear is not sleeping. Because when I can't sleep, I lie there and freak out about not sleeping. Then I think of everything that I have messed up and I worry about it. It SUCKS. I do that during the daytime too.

Anyhoo- just wanted to say hi. I am about to get in bed with my Big Book.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good job, Elisabeth. Sounds like you're getting back on track. Take care of yourself. Maybe a nice hot bubble bath, some soothing tea and a bit of reading will mellow you out. Helps me a lot. Have you tried putting soft music on a sleep timer when you're going to bed? Might give your head something to occupy itself until you fall asleep. Just a thought. Hope you get some good rest tonight.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First of all, AWESOME JOB!! Second, don't get overwhelmed...it's ok to do nothing but recover...when I quit 27 months ago, all I put effort into was getting time under my belt...everything else seemed like too much...you're going to be OK...
Old 03-25-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

keep moving forward!

sounds like a typical day 2. hang in there!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2! I am again on finishing up Day 1, after months of just being a drinking jackass.

You mention having trouble sleeping while sober - I always had trouble sleeping if I would drink at night. I would consistently wake up at 3am and be awake until about 5. It was horrible.

The first week or so of being sober, I do know that I'll experience some crazy vivid dreams that'll feel like real life, but I will sleep better than any drunk sleep I've ever had. Just know that when you get to enjoy REAL sleep, it is AWESOME!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done.

I fully understand about the old freaking out. When ever I detoxed I never slept for the first 3 days by the time that came around. I would be seeing shadows out of the corner of my eyes and trying to sleep would hear the wierdest sounds. Contstantly getting up to wonder around.

But your back and gettting on track and never have to do this again.

Hope you sleep even a little.

Good love, Inda
Old 03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
Well done.

I fully understand about the old freaking out. When ever I detoxed I never slept for the first 3 days by the time that came around. I would be seeing shadows out of the corner of my eyes and trying to sleep would hear the wierdest sounds. Contstantly getting up to wonder around.

But your back and gettting on track and never have to do this again.

Hope you sleep even a little.

Good love, Inda

That's why I am still here and not sleeping... It's friggin scary the first couple nights...
Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there Elisabeth.....You're doing great..
Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)