Notices

Need suboxone taper plan......please help

Old 03-25-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need suboxone taper plan......please help

I thought I had read a taper plan for suboxone on here, but can't find anywhere. My son needs it .....please any info is much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Posts like that are generally removed under our medical advice rule.
We generally recommend it's best you consult with the prescribing physician.

D
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@Needs As Dee stated, people here can't tell you how to medicate and detox, just what they're experiences in such situations are/were. He should definitely be working with his doctor to do this. Everyone's taper schedule and doses are different. I CAN say, with willpower and determination that tapering from Suboxone can be done relatively easy, I've dropped my doses substantially in a relatively short amount of time....but just like any opiate, when it comes to jump day - He has to really want to stop, or he will scare himself into taking more once the w/d sets in. Some people go through very little withdrawal when ending Subs, I had a good week of solid symptoms, but my situation may have been very different. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

NeedsPeace

There is a taper plan, however it goes according to how much and how long your son has been on suboxone. I've been noticing from reading here, doctors tend to put patients on high doses for long periods of time, which causes a longer slower tapering to avoid withdrawals from what we were trying to withdraw from before. Try to make sense of that statement. Hopefully he hasn't been on high dosages for a long time. I personally think suboxones should be very low dose for less than 6 months. Low dose I mean 2 mg to 1 mg within a week or two just to get through withdrawals, then quickly get off suboxones, hopefully with enough time to quit thinking about taking oxys or vic's or heroin.At this stage you are really ready to quit. Not just looking for another substitute.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

NeedsPeace

There is a taper plan, however it goes according to how much and how long your son has been on suboxone. I've been noticing from reading here, doctors tend to put patients on high doses for long periods of time, which causes a longer slower tapering to avoid withdrawals from what we were trying to withdraw from before. Try to make sense of that statement. Hopefully he hasn't been on high dosages for a long time. I personally think suboxones should be very low dose for less than 6 months. Low dose I mean 2 mg to 1 mg within a week or two just to get through withdrawals, then quickly get off suboxones, hopefully with enough time to quit thinking about taking oxys or vic's or heroin.At this stage you are really ready to quit. Not just looking for another substitute. Go with your doctors advise. This is just my opinion. Best to you and all of us