Notices

Burst of energy?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Burst of energy?

Two weeks down, yeah!! I'm feeling better physically, but I'm reading about everyone accomplishing so much with their new found sobriety and I'm wondering when/if it will kick in for me or if I just need to kick my own ass. I try to motivate myself to clean, exercise, etc. but my hearts really not in it and I'd rather read or veg and watch movies. I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow so I can start putting my life back together and I've had minor depression before, but I don't know how much of this is real depression or just depression related to withdrawals that I should be able to get out of eventually.

I'm not tempted to drink, just wondering how it's going for all of you.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hia! Day eighteen, but have flu a stinking head cold, is definitely affecting my experience! I definitely had to kick my ass into action; I wallowed in a whole "thins is huge, I can't do anything except this for now" for the first couple of weeks, especially with my diet. Man, I put away a lot of chocolate

But the last 4/5 days I've pulled my thumb out and got active, started running even, taking better care, yeah it worked for me. I don't think anything my whole life ever happened easy, so I don't reckon this will.

Maybe cleaning (ugh) and exercise aren't the best motivators for you - think up some things that actually sound like fun, and build up from there?

Good luck

Still
x
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timeisnow View Post
I try to motivate myself to clean, exercise, etc. but my hearts really not in it and I'd rather read or veg and watch movies.
Welcome Timeisnow...Congrats on two weeks...I don't think we have a forum here for people that stayed sober doing that...But it's great to have you with us.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Originally Posted by Timeisnow View Post
Two weeks down, yeah!! I'm feeling better physically, but I'm reading about everyone accomplishing so much with their new found sobriety and I'm wondering when/if it will kick in for me or if I just need to kick my own ass. I try to motivate myself to clean, exercise, etc. but my hearts really not in it and I'd rather read or veg and watch movies. I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow so I can start putting my life back together and I've had minor depression before, but I don't know how much of this is real depression or just depression related to withdrawals that I should be able to get out of eventually.

I'm not tempted to drink, just wondering how it's going for all of you.
Congratulations on your progress and well done.

I am on day 22 and in much the same boat as you. I have no urge to drink but am very lethargic at times and have periods of no motivation. I am dealing with it by simple things like standing at my back door letting the fresh air in about me and going for short walks round my block.

The thing that works best for me was cutting out all caffeine and sugary drinks and just sticking to lots of water. It definitely helps me.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Timeisnow

I think most of us go through the doldrums when we quit - for me it was equal parts fear, anxiety, grief for the loss of my old life, and just plain ol' physical exhaustion after20 years of drinking.

I'm glad you're seeing a therapist and I hope they'll help you to get to the bottom of things

I try to motivate myself to clean, exercise, etc. but my hearts really not in it and I'd rather read or veg and watch movies.
We actually do have a forum for that - our fitness forum is really good for keeping peeps motivated and active - you might like to check it out

Fitness, Health, and Nutrition - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D