Notices

Ego and self esteem

Old 03-13-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ego and self esteem

ever since i quit booze ive been having to deal with the emotions rising up that i surpressed.so at times i get mild depression ,it's not lasting i usually get it at the times i would usually drink..so i think it more has to do with the withdrawal's im just dealing with the emotions i was feeling at the time of drinking.

Im curious to whether its normal to get a feeling of Low self esteem and inflated ego ..like during times of the day at work i get the feeling im so much better then the job im at (its just a warehouse job paying 12 and hour .im grateful for having it though in these times ) Still i get the ego inflation then i get a sense of low self esteem .Then i feel my ego thinking up situations where i would prove myself better then someone ..or just be proving someone wrong about something (its mostly about acting .or ill think of times where i got in and arguement with someone and was proving them wrong.ill relive that feeling which boost things up for a while at least )...eventually this all goes away its never a definite thing ..it seems to happen at certain times of days ..Like i just randomly get delusions of grandeur like im better then everyone around .like i deserve better and can do better .i hate doing the same old same old all the time ..Last i was in and out of work this time last year ..now this i find a job..
Lately we're been having alot of down time for some odd reason its our slow season ..but ive maintained through out ..just wish i didn't always have to deal with these feelings ..they suck big time ..its like the saying goes though "you made your bed now you got to lay in it "..
Your thoughts and experiences on this one