Notices

Ahhhh the sleepless nights....

Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Ahhhh the sleepless nights....

Ok well it's about 1:00 am my time and I'm already watching the clock... grrrrr... just wish I could just get a full 7 hours rest. I know many people have talked about their doctors prescribing things or sleep but I don't think I want to go there, I mean it's fine for some people but since I'm a bit of a pill popper I don't think it's wise.

So I'm on my 3rd week of being on 2mg of Suboxone a day. I seem to be adjusting to the amount much better this week. Last week I was having aches and pains and just not feeling like myself. I was on 4mg and dropped down to 2mg. I feel pretty proud that I'm finally dropping but still fearful of when I'm off of it completely. I know I should be excited about the prospect of getting off this stuff but I guess I'm so use to it that I'm a little scared.

Anyway, just having another sleepless night so I thought I would post.

You know when someone says "don't think about the color blue" and then that's all you can do... it's something in our brains. That's exactly how I feel, I try not to think about using but sometimes it's all I can think about. I'm completely bored and trying to find some sanity and peace being sober is harder said then done.

I want to just find joy again like I use to. I remember waking up and feeling so good. I wonder will I ever be that way again or am I changed for good? I want to feel something.. ANYTHING! excitement, love, lust, passion, appetite, rage... whatever... I just want to feel an emotion but really feel it. I feel like I'm just going through the motions of each day.

Wow... well that's enough complaining for one day. Just needed to vent I guess and if anyone has any tips on how to get to sleep it would be MUCH appreciated.

Things I've tried:

1. Watching really boring documentaries
2. Watching old movies (which I end up getting sucked into and really like anyway)
3. Drinking warm milk (my mom did it when I was a child, doesn't work at 35)
4. Reading a book (my attention span is severly lacking)
5. Listen to relaxing music (I just get depressed because I have alot of Radiohead)

Thanks and Cheers!
Olive
Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We all have some trouble falling asleep ever now and then. I guess that is one subject that alcohol excels at. Make people sleepy. Try watching anything involving politics. I try to pay attention to any kind of political debate and it is just so boring I start to nod off. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

haha thanks for the tip anything is appreciated.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

I didn't have trouble sleeping while on any opiates at all, unless taking them right before bed because the buzz was too much. You shouldn't be desiring use of much of anything else with the Subs in your system this long. Now it's just the craving literally to "use", the psychological effect, your body doesn't "need" to use. The sleep might be a factor of "when" you are dosing"....some people sleep better taking it before bed, others after they wake up and wear out through the day. See if your doc has an idea of how to remedy this without another drug in the mix. Glad to hear you're down from 4mg to 2mg though. I've been suggesting this a lot but maybe try Melatonin for a few weeks, it's natural, OTC, and helps regulate your sleep patterns. It makes me a little bit drowsy after about 20-30min and then there's a short window for me...either go to sleep then, or get a second wind in another 20-30min. Get some sleep! and good luck! Ttys.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Olivia333 View Post
haha thanks for the tip anything is appreciated.

Boring documentaries on Youtube, especially any series with a slooow narrator.