Notices

Last vicodin , time for sober

Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alexi

Last vicodin , time for sober

Hey there! My name is Lexi! I'm new here I hope I am doing this right... Anyways I don't know if anyone will even read this but here we go! I have been addicted to vicodin lortab lorcet for about 18 months now. I have took my last pill at about 4:30 pm central time today 3-8-12... Im scared nervous and excited. The only thing is I have kept this a secret the whole time. None of my friends or family know I'm an addict. That is why I was hoping I could fine some support and advice on here. It's been about 8 hours since my final Vic I know tommrow around 1-2 pm I will really start feeling the withdrawals. I got a few suboxone from a "dealer" so I will be waiting til the afternoon till I take that. I just want to use them to get through the withdrawl period NOT for maintaince.. has anyone done this before? And how long did you stay on the sub for? How long should my detox last? I was taking about 4 loratabs a day for the past 18 months! Any kind words advice and prayers would be great! I will post everyday so here we go kids !! The first step to a clean life!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
Hey there! My name is Lexi! I'm new here I hope I am doing this right... Anyways I don't know if anyone will even read this but here we go! I have been addicted to vicodin lortab lorcet for about 18 months now. I have took my last pill at about 4:30 pm central time today 3-8-12... Im scared nervous and excited. The only thing is I have kept this a secret the whole time. None of my friends or family know I'm an addict. That is why I was hoping I could fine some support and advice on here. It's been about 8 hours since my final Vic I know tommrow around 1-2 pm I will really start feeling the withdrawals. I got a few suboxone from a "dealer" so I will be waiting til the afternoon till I take that. I just want to use them to get through the withdrawl period NOT for maintaince.. has anyone done this before? And how long did you stay on the sub for? How long should my detox last? I was taking about 4 loratabs a day for the past 18 months! Any kind words advice and prayers would be great! I will post everyday so here we go kids !! The first step to a clean life!
Welcome! Great job making that first step! You should plan, whether it happens or not, for a couple days w/d. If support from your friends and family isn't an option you could always suggest you've gotten the flu or something of that sort, though with Subs this may not happen. Tabs and the like have rather short half-lives, which is why they wear off so fast. You shouldn't be in w/d too long. I was using about 10-15 a day once upon a time before Suboxone became my DOC. WARNING: You can become just as addicted to Subs - stick to your plan of using a short time. My first dose I didn't get the effects til the next morning, I don't recommend taking more and more in desperation as I did. Since those are the pills you've been using, I imagine you'd be fine within a week, but everyone is different. The lower the Suboxone dose, the faster and easier it will be to taper and stop that also. Think about it though, thats at least 112 pills a month you won't be eating anymore. That's great! Good luck on your first day off and good for you!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alexi

Thanks

Thank you very much for your support. It has almost been 24 hours. I started the yawning and watery eyes around 1pm. But it has subsided now. I feel like I'm waiting on a train wreck. Just watching the clock... For the scary wothdrawl feelings I have read about. I can tell my body is going through it a little..not too bad... Yet... I do have the suboxones 2 mg JuST in case **** hits the fan bad. I did take some b 12 complex for energy. Not much appetite but at least I'm not barfing everywhere.. YET. I will post daily in hopes that someone else is thinking about stopping their nightmare they will be able to read what I personally went through. I know I can do this... Staying positive
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
Thank you very much for your support. It has almost been 24 hours. I started the yawning and watery eyes around 1pm. But it has subsided now. I feel like I'm waiting on a train wreck. Just watching the clock... For the scary wothdrawl feelings I have read about. I can tell my body is going through it a little..not too bad... Yet... I do have the suboxones 2 mg JuST in case **** hits the fan bad. I did take some b 12 complex for energy. Not much appetite but at least I'm not barfing everywhere.. YET. I will post daily in hopes that someone else is thinking about stopping their nightmare they will be able to read what I personally went through. I know I can do this... Staying positive
Don't cause yourself the anxiety by waiting and worrying about "what if" or "when". If you're not doing bad the choose to FEEL GREAT for what you're doing. You're focusing on something that doesn't exist....you don't know it will get worse. Just look in the mirror and sat "I'm not on pills, and I don't feel so bad". If you haven't started the subs you shouldn't even bother. 2-5 days and this will be done, with one down..Tale care, let us know how you are doing.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alexi

Alright guys it has been 47 hours with no Vicodin !! I felt a little withdrawl symptoms yesterday. Not too bad at all.. Just yawning and water eyes. I did take one 2 mg sub around 7 pm only because I was scared I was going to get sick. But I did no feel like I needed it. I'm not going to take anymore unless I feel horrible and need it. I surprisingly feel really good. Actually better than when I was on the Vic's ! I don't need them to have energy.. I have been taking my vitamins ad eating fruit. so hopefully it will stay this easy. If not I am prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. I keep thanking God because I know he is keeping me strong. Thanks for he support in prayers !
Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

Hope all continues smoothly for you
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're doing so well! Stick to your "No-Sub" plan. If you don't need it you have no reason to even worry about them. Even if you're scared....it would've happened already. Take care.