Notices

Day Seventeen: Keeping the Faith (SM)

Old 03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Seventeen: Keeping the Faith (SM)

It's the evening of Day 17. I've done a good job. I've been to a couple of meetings and am starting to want to go to them--weird. I longed to go to one this morning but just couldn't make it happen.

More dental work. Two hours in the chair today. Once I thought he had burned me with a laser and was hoping for pain pills (not my downfall) but he didn't. Oh well.

Had to rid the car of a bug today and pulled into the bar parking lot on the way home. Pushed the bug out and got back in and drove home. Had to do it--I was afraid I might panic if it flew at me. And it might. And where I live it's bar: feed store: bar: feed store at five mile intervals. HARD.

Then, tonight, I wanted Mexican food. I mean, I've been good. But I checked into the chat room and it was agreed communally that I should get take out. Hubby is picking it up. Another bullet dodged.

So the meetings are helpful, but very religious. I am a spiritual person (in my own way) but I am leary of overt displays of religion. I'm concerned about how this will affect me as we go on. But this meeting is a great time and spot for me.

Anyhow, just thought I would check in. I'm still here SR. I'm on a roll! Thank you for your support.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 17 missy

D
Old 03-07-2012, 01:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

M7
Missy you sound so strong. I was so glad to any kind of break from the struggle and torment. I have subsequently had to learn that the bad times and stresses come and go, and I am working on being less reactive. If I have thoughts about drinking they are no longer urges. Thinking about alcohol comes and goes, it gets to be less of a big deal but it does take time. Given my drinking history of 30 years, having reminders about drinking is hardly a surprise. With time I think we can gain a better perspective.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 17!!! congrats....and home-made mexican is a thought for the weekend.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're doing great Missy....It is kind of strange how the meetings grow on you....I guess it's just a safe place to be...Keep up the good work...It gets easier every day.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done, so glad you are checking in. Wishing you a great day today. Rooting for you.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cool

Keep on rolling Missy!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

YAYYY! Congratulations! You sound great, so happy for you. xoxo