Notices

Doing Well

Old 03-04-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Doing Well

Good Morning,

Some of you may remember me from about a year ago - but probably not. I posted a few times about how I was detoxing on my own, but shortly after that I fell off.

Well, anyway, now I'm doing well and have my first 18 days of sobriety in, well, ever. I'm currently on less than .5 mgs of Suboxone, or a 16th of an 8/2, which is a tiny crumb or sliver of a strip, which the doc calls a "mental health dose," meaning the depression is going to hit me hard if I jump off entirely and I don't want to jeopardize my sobriety. I feel awesome though, and things are really coming into focus for me. In other words, I'm getting my priorities straight. I'm hitting meetings as much as possible, focusing on work, finishing up my masters, and my family.

I don't know necessarily what the point of all this is, other than I couldn't get to a meeting today and wanted to put my feelings out there somehow.

To anyone else wondering if they can make the leap off abusing opiates, (I quit drinking, weed, coke, etc. also obv) I say you can. Not that I'm out of the woods, but I feel super positive, and contrary to what I predicted, I'm not that bored. There's actually a lot of **** to do sober, including a lot of **** you may have neglected.. I know I did.

So, just want to say peace to all the other people sober or struggling to be out there, and Happy Sunday.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Great job dude! Took a few days to see your post, but it's awesome to see. I'm on Day 13 off Suboxone myself. It feel pretty good. Today a little stomach problem, but I think it's because I ate some junk yesterday when I've been trying to only eat healthy, it only takes a few days to get used to healthy foods and stop liking the junk. Keep up the fight!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, Kurt! Your story give hope to so many of us who have addicted loved ones. Thank you for posting, and for learning how to take care of you and being there fully for your family. Way to go!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

not to burst your happiness bubble which of course you also need please remember that when things finally go well that the alcohilic or drug addicted mind will play tricks on you and we have to learn the coping skills to stay sober some of my greatest test of sobriety came in my 15th year and recently my 24th year of sobriety but i found a way to go to meeting weather online or in person helps tremendously