Notices

mission statement gottagetoffthemeds

Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mission statement gottagetoffthemeds

I've admitted to myself that I am a hydrocodone addict
I quit 4 days ago from a $1500 a month habit tapering just makes me want. More. So I quit cold Turkey the first 2 days we're Infact hell I flopped and sweated and barley moved off couch I keep saying I I mean my wife and I both quit together we ha e to live a better life for sake of our family I guess I just needed to state this somehow somewhere I'm returning to work tomorrow and am pretty anxious about I haven't done my job sober in last 5 years out of a ten year habit no surgery or injury just wanted to keep up in a high gear trade any advise I don't want to return nor have time to seek the help I probably need with that said I just want to return back to me
Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dude, that's just amazing. When my husband quit his codeine habit he had to spend months weaning on prescriptions. Cold turkey is full on - be proud.

Can your job let you go back on reduce hours or something? Let you find your new feet more slowly?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

I wouldn't wish opiate withdrawal on my worst enemy (....well, actually I probably would, but that's just the evil streak in me). Just think, if you stay clean, you'll never have to go through it again. Good luck to you and your wife. You're making the right decision.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm afraid these. 4 days is all I've had as far as my job is concerned but I am proud. And definitely feeling better but also highly emotional feel like a big o baby looking back at my decisions thank you for responding I'm keeping my head up this habit has to end
Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've quoted this many times in past but now have to live by it "courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Emotional is good - none of the emotions you get while you're high are normal or healthy. And a long-term habit is the worst for that - you just settle into the drug feeling normal, without really any lows or highs. Now you're blubbing - let it out. You know if you were hearing someone else's story you'd say the same thing...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The lies I've told, The people I've let down, and the list goes on from my first large paycheck to the innocent family members whom have been helping me along blindly feels like alot of ground to make up
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like a tough fight, doesn't it? But you're goin to have so much more energy with the junk out of your system. And fighting feels good, doesn't it? Still alive. Still beating.
Don't hate yourself too much. Remember, you went cold turkey. You can do anything.
Keep posting.
Xxx
Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I do know what you mean with the fight it felt good to inform certain people I'd be paying my bills this month even the few friends I've metthrough all of this have tried to reason with me long ago but couldn't and the one that is in heaven "I'm finally am getting it"
Old 02-28-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey payin the bills is a huge thing. And think, if you keep this up you'll be able to pay them next month too. And I meant what I said about getting strong - you wouldn't belive how much better your body is going to feel over the next weeks as your cells clean up, your blood cleans up, your bones build new cells. It's not just an emotional journey. Loads coming for you to feel good about, don't forget that.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Personal thanks to you sleeping for helping me through day 4 I'm up cleaning my wife is my frkn hero she's at work going through the same krap I forget how beautiful her eyes are they haven't been that clear in along time well neither have mine feeling ready for day 5
Old 02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Originally Posted by badhabit View Post
I just want to return back to me
You mean the "new" you!

Congratulations! Glad you're here!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome badhabit
You'll find a lot of support here

You might find our substance abuse forum useful to you too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey again badhabit, how're you doing this morning? I got your last post just as I was turning in, and it was a great sentiment to go to sleep on - the note about your wife's eyes actually put a lump in my throat. Hubby and I are both rooting for you. Good luck at work, and go easy on yourself, okay?
xx
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Did well today we both have work kicked my but. I knew it would but still sober. and feel good about it yesterday you helped me a lot just someone to hear and care felt strong this morning and fought my way through day
Old 02-29-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Just wanted to add my welcome..... I'm an alcoholic, so I've never been through opiate withdrawal, but from what I've read around here it sounds awful. You should feel really good about getting through work today!

Good to have you here!