Anger

Old 02-25-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger

I am trying to let go. I am trying to detach. My RAH has done so well in the past 6 months. His counselor and him have decided that it would be best to go to a 7 day detox because he had a one day relapse.

Why am I so very angry?
I know this is so that our future will be much better. He just needs a little more help right now. I am very resentful that I got my partner back and now I have to go back to having everything dropped in my lap (Home, kids, everything) again even if it is temporarily. How am I supposed to go to meetings when I want when I have to take care of everything else?

Never done the detox thing before. I am assuming no communication at all? We have never gone 2 days with no communication in the 10 years we have been together.

I am so sorry this is all over place. I was just hoping to get it out in front of people that would understand.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand your anger. Unfortunately after my EXAH completed rehab, he drank and used the day he got out. I was crushed.

I had to walk away from that marriage for my own sanity and safety.

I do have health issues that often keep me from attending meetings and I find other things to help me. I talk to my sponsor on the phone. I read the Alanon literature. I read and post here at SR. I have morning readings that are recovery-related.

I hope you continue to post here as a source of support during this difficult time.

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You should be allowed to talk to him while in detox-- he will have access to a phone and be allowed visitors during set hours.

I know how you feel -- like "hey! I want a week in detox, too!!!" it feels so unfair.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by mychaos View Post
I am trying to let go. I am trying to detach. My RAH has done so well in the past 6 months. His counselor and him have decided that it would be best to go to a 7 day detox because he had a one day relapse.

Why am I so very angry?
I know this is so that our future will be much better. He just needs a little more help right now. I am very resentful that I got my partner back and now I have to go back to having everything dropped in my lap (Home, kids, everything) again even if it is temporarily. How am I supposed to go to meetings when I want when I have to take care of everything else?

Never done the detox thing before. I am assuming no communication at all? We have never gone 2 days with no communication in the 10 years we have been together.

I am so sorry this is all over place. I was just hoping to get it out in front of people that would understand.
I'm very sorry this has happened.

I think it's fine to be angry. But you have to be careful not to feed the anger, because it won't do you any good. Share your feelings with those closest to you, and definitely share those feelings here, as you'll likely get the most validation.

You will likely be able to communicate with him while he's in detox. Although, depending on what he's detoxing from, he may not be the most pleasant person to talk to.

Take advantage of the time you have and take care of you.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all very much. I took him today. He is not detoxing from much but he feels this is
a good step. He can call me pretty much anytime he wants. The kids think he had to go out of town. He wants to do this.

I am surrounded by support, I am thankful for that. I am much better than this morning and will take it one day at a time.