Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

February 21 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

February 21 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

We punish ourselves far more than life ever punishes us. It takes some time before we realize that we have considerable power to change our lives, if we are willing to use it.

I will start by rooting out the doubts and fears that grew so great when my spouse was drinking alcoholically. Even after long sobriety, do I not occasionally wonder whether it will last? Does unexpected lateness make me suspicious that “something’s going on?” Why do I punish myself in this way? Why don’t I accept God’s gift of mental sobriety which is mine for the taking, along with contentment and serenity?

TODAY’S REMINDER

Mental sobriety is a state of reasonableness, rational judgment, balance. It is emotional sickness when we continue to be apprehensive and anxious when we really have no reason to doubt.

“I will pray today and every day, for healthful, wholesome thinking, so that I may not generate trouble for myself.”