Notices

Stopped TODAY!

Old 02-20-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stopped TODAY!

I have been on this site for over a year due to my now EX AH. So, now I am continuing to work on me! I quit smoking today, have on the patch and needing encouragement!!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't often see a lot of movement in this part of the site.

Congrats on making the decision to quit, I also smoked my last cigarette last night. I've decided cold turkey is the way to go for me.

Good luck!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck to both of you! You can do it!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,

I quit almost a year ago, but I posted on specialized quit-smoking-websites, just a tip.

Good luck!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations and good luck I quit a couple of days ago and am getting a little more accustomed to the idea of being a non-smoker. In posting your status, you have helped me a great deal as my few days now seems like an achievement. May all go well for you and if you need somebody to shout at, message me in VERY BIG LETTERS LOL
Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats Ben. Keep us posted.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I relapsed today. I bought a pack while at work today, and smoked like a chimney.

I smoked for a total of 3 hours, feel physically ill, and have reset my quit clock. I'm not proud of it, and I have no excuse.

One weak moment, at a time when I could easily go to the store, and almost 2 days of nicotine withdrawal went out the window.

I've restarted though. Hopefully I'll have learnt whatever is necessary this time to make it stick.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your relapse but keep trying it took me several times trying before it finally stuck. Throw the rest of the pack out and get back at it.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BenRadBel View Post
I have been on this site for over a year due to my now EX AH. So, now I am continuing to work on me! I quit smoking today, have on the patch and needing encouragement!!
Hi. I just wanted to offer you some encouragement. I am coming up towards a week without smoking. When I say it like that, I feel more pride than when I say 5
and a half days. It has been hard but the one thing keeping me going today is that it need never be that hard again. As long as I stick with it, the hard days get a little easier.

If I relapse, then day 1 gets to be ground hog day and nobody wants to keep reliving that. Have a truly great day.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep going Maggie. Im going to stop tomorrow. I quit for 2 1/2 weeks 3-4months back, got drunk & started again I'm still mad at myself. The cravings were gone. I was feeling normal & booze led me back. I'm an alcoholic. 43 days sober now. Going to do it again.
But this will be the last time I quit for good.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplecatlover View Post
Keep going Maggie. Im going to stop tomorrow. I quit for 2 1/2 weeks 3-4months back, got drunk & started again I'm still mad at myself. The cravings were gone. I was feeling normal & booze led me back. I'm an alcoholic. 43 days sober now. Going to do it again.
But this will be the last time I quit for good.
I can't believe it is nearly 6 days for me. I have smoked for over 29 years (often assisted by excessive drinking) and have never before been able to give up for an hour. Can't remember when I quit drinking but it was nowhere near as hard as this. Believe me, if I can do it, absolutely anybody can. When you reach the end of your rope, just tie a knot and hang on.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Ben. Just wondering whether you are still with us? Anything I can do to help? Do not forget that every one of us deserves a good healthy life.