Saw Counselor Today

Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saw Counselor Today

In my effort to let my AS go, I saw a counselor today. I don't know if this will help me. I do know most of the head talk. It's the heart talk I don't do so well with. She explained that was my left brain working, but my right brain not.

I thought she would tell me to cut him off completely right now. She didn't. She didn't think I was ready, but told me she wanted to help me prepare for his death. I told her I know my son and this is where he is headed, and she agreed after I told her his story.

Having an addict in your life is not for wimps. Going away for the weekend with my sister. Thinking of leaving my cell phone behind. I have no more money to "help" my son with this month, so there's no need being harrassed.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((wash))) - I think you're doing GREAT!! I've been to 2 counselors in my lifetime (would be going now but no insurance or money) and neither of them told me what to do - they let me come to the conclusions on my own, with some thought-provoking questions and a little guidance that came more across as "what if you....."

Have a great weekend!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-16-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel for you as I have come to the truth about myself and my son and all the "help" I've been trying to do for him. The day of reckoning is coming when my husband and I have our talk to set up boundaries and move him out of our home. It's time to let go and let God do what He's been trying to do all along.

Have a wonderful weekend with your sister.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I"m leaving town, too.

We're in lock-step together, washbe2. ((((Hugs))))
Old 02-16-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel your pain! I have spent so much money trying to 'help' my son. He had been doing so well and I was in denial when over the holidays he was asking for money and more money and I gave and gave.

Now after finding out where he actually was spending the money, he is on the streets and when he said he was very low on money for food I just told him if you had not been partying so much you would have money.

I can't believe him he lies too much and hopefully he will find a shelter.

He hasn't called so I don't know what is what with him, but maybe that is for the best.

I am 59, and he started drugs very early, I just can't do it any more. This time I will not be conned and I have turned his life over to God and mine too!

Enjoy your weekend you deserve it!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too mentally buried my son 100 times. That sounds cold, but it was a process I had to go through to accept that he very well may die in his disease and to accept that regardless of the outcome, I was powerless over it.

Counseling helped me a lot, not my first counselor but the second and third a few years later. Sometimes we have to find the counselor that works best for us.

I hope you have a fantabulous weekend, Washbe, you deserve some very special "you" time

Mama Sized Hugs