Notices

Day three sober

Old 02-08-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day three sober

Hello,

Today is my third day of being sober. I am a twenty-three year old female. I come from a long line of alcoholics. I have been a daily drinker (6-14 beers a day) for about 7 years now. Last October I quit drinking for about three weeks and then thought I could be a "social drinker", boy was I wrong! I have a really hard time with quitting drinking because I do not know how to deal with my suppressed emotions. I have an older boyfriend that I have now been with for almost four years, he has never had a problem with drinking, and he has no idea what I'm going through. Is it easier to be alone and sober up than it is with a boyfriend that doesn't get what you are going through. I work full time and go to college three quarters of the time. My boyfriend has three teenage daughters that live with us as well whom do not like or respect me. I am the maid, the cook, and I'm the only one that cares if the house is clean therefore I am the only one that cleans besides my boyfriend that sometimes does laundry and dishes. I am stressed to the max and don't know what to do. I stay busy with my classes, homework and my dog. My boyfriend also works two jobs and is gone weekend nights and then sleeps all day. He is never home, so I have nobody that can be supportive and encourage me. I need some advice on what to do! Thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi sober, we are glad to see you here, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards solving it. I tried to give up once , whilst in a relationship with a drinker, and I couldnt. She would regularly buy four bottles of wine for a meal between us. I don't know if she had a problem or not, but I knew I did, and I was only able to make a proper effort at kicking the habit once that relationship was over.

However, everyone is different. Use SR as much as you can, if you can go to AA or similar. It is hard to do this alone. People here want to help you get better
Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 days sober! SR is a great place where you will find lots of insight and support.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

congrats
Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3! It's crazy, I feel like I could have written your post exactly. I sent you a PM
Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SoberFinally

You'll find a lot of support here - 24/7 - welcome aboard!

D
Old 02-08-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats young lady~~~you're on the right path~~~
Old 02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on three days, and welcome to SR. Best advice is to get a plan together as how you shall maintain your new sober life. AA, SR, counseling, are all good starts. Staying sober is not a one size fits all endeavor. Find what works for you and go for it.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnowDaisy View Post
Congrats on day 3! It's crazy, I feel like I could have written your post exactly. I sent you a PM
I recieved your PM but can't respond because I haven't posted 5 times. If I see you in chat we can definitely chat!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody for being so supportive! I'm really glad that I have found this website.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How did you get on? Did you reach day four?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
How did you get on? Did you reach day four?
I was just searching through information on quitting drinking, I came across this website and decided to read a few posts, I read some for a couple of days and then decided to sign on. I have made it to day four! I'm getting there! When is your quit date? Adn how did you find this site?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am on day 3 today. But see you are really day 4 now, good for you!

I know you feel discouraged, but I can see you are a very strong and tough and determined person! I am amazed by all you are balancing: work, school, a family, and all that drinking before. Imagine what you can become without the beer! Amazing things are in store for you. The road will be rocky, perhaps, but you just cannot see how strong you really are.

i say this as a 47 yo mother, who could never have juggled all that you do. So look at your strengths when you feel discouraged.

Congrats on day 4!

rochele
Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you Rochele, you just brought a tear to my eye. Good luck on your sobriety, I don't think you are giving yourself as much credit as you deserve either!

Congrats on Day 3!