Notices

Day 4 and I'm trying to "surf"

Old 02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Day 4 and I'm trying to "surf"

Wth! Day 2 was so easy!!! What's going on? Yesterday I was jonesing for Chardonnay for 3 hours. I'm going on 4. This time eating didn't cure it. I feel like I keep trying to swim under breakers in a wetsuit and failing bc I keep floating bak up top to the middle of a wave. I'm so anxious w nothing good or worthy to be anxious about. Someone talk me down! My bra is still on...
Old 02-07-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing great - you're here and you're sober! Great job!

It is hard because you're changing your life and your routine. You did well by trying to eat - it is always a good idea to check "HALT" (hungry, angry, lonely, tired).... Do any of the others apply to you?

If you're good on HALT you need to find something else to do.... Do you have hobbies? Can you just call it a night and go to sleep? Watch a movie. Read a book. Take a bath. Have some tea. You get the idea. Do something nice for yourself!!

Posting and reading on SR is also a great way to pass the time. Help yourself and someone else! Have you found the February 2012 thread yet? There will be others there going through the same things you are. It is somewhere under "newcomers"...

You can do this! The urges will pass!

Make sure to let us know how you're doing
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang ten! Lol whatever that means. How's it going? What did you have for dinner?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Hubby brought home pizza bc I was afraid to go to the market. Didn't taste good. At least there were green peppers. Yes...I tried all the halts. Took bra off and put night bottoms on. Tea is a great idea. I have Sleepytime. Toddler just went to bed. I read a thread on the alchi forum about a guy who drank and would go to bed at 10 and awake at 2:30. I like sttn, so that helped. He reminded me of me. No real bad WD symptoms. Can drink a lot. Mild pain in liver. Mine seems to have gone away. I remembered how I didn't like waking up with fog brain and drained. I'm tired of being tired. Speaking of which, I need my daily sublingual vitamin b complex. Better absorption sublingual! Turns teeth orange, so drink and brush!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cravings are not pleasurable. I think thats the bottom line.

But they do get easier, the more we deal with them

I found it took me a while to get the hang of urge surfing...it's a skill like anything else, I think.

Try 'hanging ten' in the metaphorical sense and if works for you great - if not there's lots of other things you can try Orbea

D
Old 02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

As soon as I'm a week clean I'm going to start working out again. I'm overweight and have elevated bp. I want to have a week clean to make sure I'm feeling ok. I got a shipment of plus sized champion ware today. All my cute skirsports clothes are too small ATM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep busy Orbea and drink that tea. Read, walk, march in place....OK, maybe not that...but don't drink. You can do this. We are cheering you on!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good, keep it on too.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

you keep your head up and keep movin' forward. You're doing great.