Notices

Sex Addiction?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sex Addiction?

Hi everyone. I have been clean since september 20th, 2011. I find that now that I've quit heroin, my sex drive is enormous, insatiable almost. When I'm not focusing on school, my mind goes straight to sex. I don't think this is normal. While every guy thinks about it quite a bit, I've been thinking about it just as much as I used to think about heroin.

Last week alone I slept with three different people, two on the same day, and probably would have done a lot more than that if there were more better looking guys in my area. I feel ashamed about it but as long as I'm safe with it I'm not sure if it's something I should be concerned about. This is definitely no where near as serious as shooting up heroin, that's for certain. It's not having a negative impact on my life. If I recall, one of the fundamental aspects of addiction is that it has a negative effect on a person's life, and this hasn't harmed me at all.

Until I quit using, I always thought the term sex addict was ludicrous.

Is this a problem? Am I a "sex addict"?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my opinion, I think your brain is simply substituting one addiction for another. When we have sex, our brain releases all kinds of feel good chemicals. When you quit using - you're brain didn't make its own chemicals. As you recovered, that old sex drive came back... I know! I know! I know!
When you had sex you felt great right? Unless of course you woke and jabba the hut was laying next to you LOL!

But in all seriousness, addict brain doesn't care where the endorphins come from... As long as it gets'em in large doses.

I say that if you were in a monogamous relationship... Git-r-done... But with all addictions come great risk. With multiple sex partners, come GREAT risk!