Notices

shaun00 step 7.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

shaun00 step 7.

I read out every single defect.....on my knees ...asking god/divine power to remove my short comings...the ones that got uncovered in my 4th...the same ones that blocked me from him originally....ultimately selfishness and self centred-ness...Im only too happy to be rid off them, in his time..
Its time for a fresh start.......how could i possibly by useful to god or others with the rocks i carried.....forever in conflict with others.

For me, at this point in the steps i was on a different footing to step 3....that belief has blossomed into faith....im beginning to wake up.
Already today my life has new meaning...i see and hear thing kinda different.
My perception is different ......i find myself hunting solutions rather than wallowing in the problems...

Most of my fears have become mole hills instead of mountains.....this new steady footing sets me up to take more action and get writing a list .
Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Humbly asked....... heh, I can do it now (I think....lol) but I sure couldn't early on. I always thought humility was for the weak - for those who had no choice BUT to be humble cuz they'd never "win" at anything. It was like "a moral victory" that losers get to "celebrate." I wanted no piece of humility......that's for sure.

Now though, I've had some humility beaten into me (lol....and some of it HAD to be beaten into me, no doubt about it, or it wasn't getting in at all. I'm learning that contrary to my former thinking, humility is a really challenging road to walk. Sometimes it's tough for me to NOT order God around like he's some spiritual repair man or my personal butler. Sometimes it's difficult to ask God for something to be granted or removed and not stand there tapping my foot waiting for Him to jump.

I do go through the process much more willingly now though. A lot of my "remove these" prayers also have some addendum - like, "....& if you don't do it now for whatever reason, please give me the insight I need to not act upon those exact natures anymore," or "give me the strength to live with those defects or exact natures and the wisdom to learn what you want me to learn from/about them until You do (IF You do) remove them."

Setting aside my expectations of what God will do, when He'll do it and how He'll do it + being willing to pull my end of the weight in the meantime speaks toward increased humility.