Notices

One Week!..and, a Concern

Old 02-04-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Week!..and, a Concern

Today marks seven days sober for me! I was very lucky and did not feel all that bad during the first few days, which I anticipated as being the worst. Made it to some AA meetings. I am so surprised and happy to say that I have actually been enjoying this. I thought it would be so, so hard. It's definitely not easy, but it's worth it. I am more on top of things. I've taken better care of my children, I've made dinners, I'm keeping up with the housework and feel so much more organized.

Thus far, my sobriety has been taking place where I feel comfortable: my home. I am able to keep away from temptations and rest when I need to. Tonight, however, my husband and I are going away to celebrate our six year wedding anniversary. I'm hoping I'm not doing this too soon. This is one instance where, in the past, I always would have drank heavily. I'm not sure what it's going to be like without drinking and I'm a little scared.

Just curious, does anyone have any advice or thoughts on maintaining sobriety in a situation like this?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

CMY - Congrats on one week that is awesome! Huge accomlishment.

Your situation is a pure example of learning to live sober. Think of how much more you will enjoy the get away when you remember it, won't be hung over, feeling no guilt about drinking, no anxiety. And most importantly how proud of yourself you will be for not drinking. If you are like me then once you pick up it's easier to keep picking up. That one drink could turn into days, weeks, even years! Don't drink and stay sober! You can do this! Not drinking will be worth it!! If you want it you can do it! You are in control of your actions! Don't let the voices win. The voices are not apart of YOU! You ultimately make the decision!! Good luck! Keep us updated
Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be as pretty as u are, romantic, and just enjoy him.......your very lucky to have a gentleman to enjoy it with...Im on day 8, doing good and so happy you are celebrating without booze....enjoy the candles the resturant.holding hands and sharing each other!
Its called Living Loving and laughing! Sober!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you're doing an overnighter then it shouldn't upset anything (congrats on your week btw). If you're instead spending 2-3 weeks at a Cancun party hotel or similar then yeah, it might put a strain on things, being that you are still very new.

One point to mention, there are meetings available almost everywhere and members passing through are always welcome.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi changemyway

I hope you and your husband have a great night.
Does he support you in your desire to quit drinking?

If nothing else take a read through your posts here - remind yourself of whats at stake.

You're happy and healthy without booze in your life - keep it that way
make good choices tonight

D
Old 02-04-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think you'll have a blast being sober on your anniversary. It's really different interacting with your spouse on a special night like that without alcohol. I found it to be much more romantic and I didn't have to worry about what I might say to ruin the night. I'd say focus on the positives and enjoy it!