Notices

Daily Reflections

Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Daily Reflections

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

OUR COMMON WELFARE COMES FIRST

The unity of Alcoholics Anonymous is the most cherished quality our Society has. . . . We stay whole, or A.A. dies.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 129

Our Traditions are key elements in the ego deflation process necessary to achieve and maintain sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous. The First Tradition reminds me not to take credit, or authority, for my recovery. Placing our common welfare first reminds me not to become a healer in this program; I am still one of the patients. Self-effacing elders built the ward. Without it, I doubt I would be alive. Without the group, few alcoholics would recover.

The active role in renewed surrender of will enables me to step aside from the need to dominate, the desire for recognition, both of which played so great a part in my active alcoholism. Deferring my personal desires for the greater good of group growth contributes toward A.A. unity that is central to all recovery. It helps me to remember that the whole is greater than the sum of all its parts.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read that this morning when I woke up. Aside from my prayers in the morning I read these every morning non stop for almost 6 months now. I once was reading this almost every morning then I quit and stopped my prayers then I was drinking again. I firmly believe that if I continue to remain faithful by praying at night and in the morning giving my thanks and asking for his guidance and ability to appreciate the day and read my daily reflections, Ill stay stronger of remaining sober. But one day at a time. I don't like to think far ahead anymore it never worked. Thanks for posting! It's nice to see someone who takes time to post Daily Reflections
Old 01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. Sometimes, I post it late, and will try to be sure to do it the night before for all the am readers.