Notices

Day 5

Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Morning everybody

It's just coming up to 5.30am here (I sound like a radio DJ lol!) and the weather outside is... cold!

Thought I'd kick off a new thread for myself as got fed up with seeing the word fail on my last one.

I slept well, pretty much 9-5. I feel really good this morning. Awake, alert, a little bit nauseaous (sp?!) but I think I was heading back down the gastritis route after some heavy xmas/january drinking so will get some gaviscon today.

Normally I hate to hear the alarm go off at 7 even if I have slept since 9, but today I woke up of my own accord and thought hmmm, may aswell get up - I can have a whole 2 hours peace before the kids get up

I hope everyone had a good night last night.

plans for today are food shopping and wrapping up warm to take daughter out to the park and try her new birthday scooter.

It's very early days still I know, but I actually feel really positive about this this morning
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good day maxxy

D
Old 01-30-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, you too
Old 01-31-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So glad to read your positive post, sounds great! keep up the good work
Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
So it goes

Keep it going Maxxy, I am on day 5 too, we must be twins!!
I know how hard it is, but I am going to beat it, I am already seeing benefits (money in wallet after weekend, sleeping well)
Allan
Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AR1959 View Post
Keep it going Maxxy, I am on day 5 too, we must be twins!!
I know how hard it is, but I am going to beat it, I am already seeing benefits (money in wallet after weekend, sleeping well)
Allan
Thanks Allan! Funnily enough I looked like your pic a couple of days ago

Just home from Morrisons and sat down with a coffee. Walking past the wine didn't really bother me and with the £10 I saved on not buying any I went in the cafe for the first time ever and treated myself and my daughter to a late breakfast I'm just hoping she doesnt expect that every time now... hmmm

Gave up on the park idea as it had just started snowing when we got out and was too cold for a wimp like me

Well done you too, I'm really glad you are also seeing the positives after 5 days. We can do this! Think how rich we will be! I might even be able to afford to pay my bills on time lol

Thank you too Gal, so glad you are ok and back with an update, you're doing really well, keep it up
Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

That is awesome. Keep up the positive work!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks FF you too!

I'm struggling right now which is why have logged back on... irritable, anxious - I reckon apart from the obvious it's because I've have had 2 cups of coffee for the first time in a week! Haven't had any in the house, don't drink much of it but thought today at the supermarket hmmm fancy a coffee and now I'm just aaaarrgh!!!

Going to launch myself into house stuff to take mind off. I'm prob tired too after my early start - not used to seeing that hour in the morning.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi Maxxy
Just been for a lunchtime curry at a little back street caff, potato and turnip curry, and lentil and marrow. Scrummy , keep up the good work, and give yourself a treat from time to time.
Allan
Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Maxxy, It only gets better. There is a brand new life awaiting you out there. Enjoy your new journey.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lhenderson View Post
Hello Maxxy, It only gets better. There is a brand new life awaiting you out there. Enjoy your new journey.
Thank you I'm actually looking forward to another early morning - which is something I never would have said this time last week! It was 2 hours of doing nothing but tea drinking and internet browsing, but it was 2 hours peace in a silent house - lovely!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AR1959 View Post
Hi Maxxy
Just been for a lunchtime curry at a little back street caff, potato and turnip curry, and lentil and marrow. Scrummy , keep up the good work, and give yourself a treat from time to time.
Allan
That sounds lovely! It's always the little back street cafes that are the best. I'm going to save some pennies for some new clothes next, needless to say with or without drink with 2 kids I'm always last on my own list for something new, but I think it is time!

That said, I need to ring virgin media right now as my internet due to be cut off at any time (it is every month) and that's probably the last thing I need. Bills first clothes later <sigh>
Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Maxxy I love your "moving on with my life, leaving my demons behind" post. Inspiring. I'm on day 14 and feel just like you do. World keeps turning and us with it.

Your day sounds a lot like mine too. Voted in the FLA primary, on to the office, some shopping and errands and then home with the kids later. No plans whatsoever to consider alcohol. Not an option for me.

Keep up the good work and best wishes Maxxy.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good for you Maxxy, I am only at day 2 but also have had a good day. Keeping busy helps me, today I walked around my city and took photographs. Tomorrow I am going out on my bike and Thursday I am planning on playing touch Rugby. Not thought beyond then though. I am just going 1 day at a time.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ownmybehavior View Post
Maxxy I love your "moving on with my life, leaving my demons behind" post. Inspiring. I'm on day 14 and feel just like you do. World keeps turning and us with it.

Your day sounds a lot like mine too. Voted in the FLA primary, on to the office, some shopping and errands and then home with the kids later. No plans whatsoever to consider alcohol. Not an option for me.

Keep up the good work and best wishes Maxxy.
Thank you OMB! May I call you that?! Day 14 is fantastic well done you! I have really struggled this afternoon, it's not all plain sailing. I've really kept myself low for the last few days and tried not to face too many things. I'm really struggling with the habit side of things though, put dinner on, open a bottle. I keep telling my mind to shut up! Like you, it isn't an option!

Glad you had a good day we need to keep ourselves busy. I am definitely getting to the park tomorrow in spite of freezing temperatures! I'd love to post some pics, because it is so beautiful I love taking photos, but I'm worried somebody I know locally will recognise me (the ex etc - silly I know) speak soon and well done again
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gifford View Post
Good for you Maxxy, I am only at day 2 but also have had a good day. Keeping busy helps me, today I walked around my city and took photographs. Tomorrow I am going out on my bike and Thursday I am planning on playing touch Rugby. Not thought beyond then though. I am just going 1 day at a time.
Good for you too Gifford Sounds like you have some good plans in progress. I hoped you enjoyed the photography today. Bike ride tomorrow sounds great. I used to love riding my bike, real exhilaration. I have no plans for tomorrow so I need to make one - the park I think. Thursday I am off to do my cleaning job, Friday I am meeting my friend and her child to take the children out to soft play. I haven't thought further than that.

You're doing great, keep it up. Let's all get through this together! This site is just brilliant for support. I am so thankful I found it. Let us know how you get on tomorrow
Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Right there with you on the anonymity thing. I'm in almost exactly the same situation (not silly at all). I'm in the middle of a whole life overhaul so to speak and have many more bags of trash to put on the curb.

In FLA we don't get much winter weather so when we get anything colder than 50 deg I'm outside feeling the cold air on my face. Photography sounds like an awesome new interest. Books, clubs, travel etc. Lots and lots of potential for a whole new healthy obsession having nothing to do with that other bad thing that you don't do anymore.

Post your pics. I'd love to see.

The picture in my avi? I took it at our family ranch in Pennsylvania. It's was my grandfather's grandfathers place 150 years ago. The river adjoins the property. Most beautiful place in the world to me. It's where I go mentally in tough times.

Sorry for the large images if takes too long to load. Keep posting Maxxy.

Best wishes.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The pics are georgeous. Nice place to be.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Meow

Maxxy - I love how your posts are so upbeat. Makes me smile.

OMB - my husband's family has a camp near Ridgway. PA is a beautiful state.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Way to go. Keep it rollin'!