Notices

IRS want to drink

Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

IRS want to drink

Am on the phone with the IRS, as we speak. They have me so upset, I want to cry. Drink? Heck yes this make want to drink. I haven't been this emotional in a long time.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Alaska! Hi. So sorry you're dealing with them. Any kind of audit or tax issue period is horrible I agree You know what to do though! Drinking will not help and it will only give your stressor more control over you!!! Can you elaborate? I understand if you choose not to, it's very personal I know. Best wishes in dealing with your issue...
Old 01-25-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can be upsetting stuff, for sure, but hang in there.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's scary and horrible but the debt will still be there no matter how much you drink.
You'll be in a far better position to deal with this sober, alaska, believe me.

D
Old 01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's complicated. I didn't file taxes the first year after my divorce. (clueless at that time) That year I received a big divorce settlement and of course I owed taxes on that which I didn't pay because I didn't file. Instead I put my head in the sand. And drank. And spent the money. The letters came, I didn't open them. I managed to file the next year, and the next. The letters kept coming and I couldn't bring myself to open them because I knew how much trouble I was in, so it was like, don't open them and everything is fine. And there was just so much chaos going on in my life at that time because of my drinking that the IRS seemed less important than I realized. It was the collectors calling me that got my attention, as was my landlord knocking on my door, eviction notice in hand, my ex husband threatening to take me back to court to make sure I never saw my children again. It was the hangovers. The blackouts. But through it all I managed to stay gainfully employed in my chosen career field. But I guess you can only juggle all of that for so long before something goes wrong.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry you are going thru this Alaska. Stay the line, drinking will only make it much worse.

God bless.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

you aren't alone
Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. Remember, the government wants their money. For that reason (and hopefully others), they want you to continue to have a job and a roof over your head. I imagine your main task right now is to convince them that you are ready to deal with this, and work with them on a plan to resolve it.

This must be incredibly stressful. All the more reason to be proud of yourself, for facing up to past mistakes. Keep it up. All of this will pass, and you will look back and see that it was actually a major step forward.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Alaska))) - sorry to be blunt, but it seems as if a big part of this problem is because you were drinking and chose not to deal with all of it?

I've been there, believe me. I got clean (my DOC was crack). Had a bunch of tickets on my record..ignored the mail I got about them. About a couple of years later, in recovery, I decided to address it because I didn't want it hanging over my head any more.

Got a great judge, went in there with $1000 (having NO idea what I owed). Turned out, I owed $4000 and he dismissed everything over the $1000 I had come to him with. Turns out, recovery was a really good thing

This stuff will eat you alive if you don't deal with it. I've found that bill collectors will take payments, even offer settlements once I finally stopped ignoring them. One thing for sure, had I kept using, it would have still come up to bite me in the a$$.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I complelty understand how stressfull tht can be.But remember drinking is what go you here in the 1st place.sn't alcoholbuffling? You are craving it, while it is exactly what caused the problem.I learned on my journey that drinking does make everything worse not better. It does not solve any problems.....
Old 01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

you are right, Impurrfect, this was a result of my drinking. I use to think I drank because of my problems, but looking back, i can honestly say MOST of my problems were either a result of my drinking, or were made worse. Never did my problems get better by drinking. Never.
Wow. Being able to stay sober through this has given me some clarity on my drinking history.
Does this mean I am cured? Ha ha just kidding.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Alaska,
It sounds an incredibly stressful time,good for you that you realize your problems were usually a result of your drinking sticky that thought to your forehead.
Readyandable is right they will probably work out a payment plan.

hang in there

CaiHong
Old 01-26-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

There is a saying "You can't get blood out of a turnip LOL"

Drinking as you know won't help, staying sober and facing it the right way will.

Just be completely honest, and they will work with you. If need be talk with a attorney.