Notices

Day 2 is going to be much harder..

Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 is going to be much harder..

I've gone 24 hrs with out drinking and I am proud of myself but I know tonight is going To be much more challenging. Last night was very difficult for me to sleep because im so use to passing out. I'm just hoping that I can keep myself from stopping at the gas station on the way home from work and buying a bottle.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

You can do it!! I made it through day 3 and like you I am more used to passing out..the difference b/t that and real sleep is amazing. I actually Dreamt last night..ahhhhh good ole REM sleep. What a difference.

YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You already did 24 hours once, you can do it again. Sleeping is very difficult the first few nights, I know. For the longest time I let that be my excuse to drink again---"I can't sleep without alcohol, I got to work tomorrow and I need sleep, etc..."

What helped me was to just stop fighting the insomnia. I knew I couldn't sleep, so instead of tossing and turning and being miserable, I got up and did something. Watch a movie, play on the computer, take a walk, have a snack, whatever keeps you busy. Just remember: you can't die from not sleeping. But you can die from drinking. Yeah, those first few nights are rough, but after a week or so sleep WILL come to you. Hang in there and good luck.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep checking in here Abttrme - there's always a lot of support
welcome to SR

D
Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you can't sleep, log on here, that's what I used to do.

This place is always open.

God bless.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if this is any help to anyone (or if I should be posting here since i'm still a drunk), but I fell off the wagon spectacularly tonight after 5 days. I ended up having a really bad night and REALLY wish I hadn't drank. I'm not even sure what my motives were for drinking, other than I used "seeing an old friend" as an excuse, but i regret it already. I usually beat myself up the day after, but I saw my mistake way early in the evening but it was too late. I need to start figuring out the warning signs and asking for help.

I hope someone reads this BEFORE they drink; none of tonight has been pleasurable. It's been a self induced psychological hell. Go get a movie, some food, make yourself comfortable and give this **** a miss...
Old 01-26-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AbttrMe View Post
I've gone 24 hrs with out drinking and I am proud of myself but I know tonight is going To be much more challenging. Last night was very difficult for me to sleep because im so use to passing out. I'm just hoping that I can keep myself from stopping at the gas station on the way home from work and buying a bottle.
Full nights sleep are only a couple more days away, I literally JUST did it myself. Yeah, I am posting at 3:15am but thats because I woke up at 1pm today and drank coffee (fell asleep at 4am)..any coffee past 10am does this to me. But don't fret, your body comes around and you will be fine. Its just a part of the process, get through it and it puts drinking that much further in your rearview mirror.

Hang in there, you can do it.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by James18 View Post
I'm not sure if this is any help to anyone (or if I should be posting here since i'm still a drunk), but I fell off the wagon spectacularly tonight after 5 days. I ended up having a really bad night and REALLY wish I hadn't drank. I'm not even sure what my motives were for drinking, other than I used "seeing an old friend" as an excuse, but i regret it already. I usually beat myself up the day after, but I saw my mistake way early in the evening but it was too late. I need to start figuring out the warning signs and asking for help.

I hope someone reads this BEFORE they drink; none of tonight has been pleasurable. It's been a self induced psychological hell. Go get a movie, some food, make yourself comfortable and give this **** a miss...
James, thanks for sharing. It really isn't as fun anymore is it? Good that you are looking at the warning signs, it helped me.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazee View Post
James, thanks for sharing. It really isn't as fun anymore is it? Good that you are looking at the warning signs, it helped me.
No, it's no fun at all. This is gonna be hard, and I wish I had some sober friends to hang out with - that would make things a lot easier. No point point beating myself up I guess...time would be better spent figuring where i went wrong. Oh well, back to day 1
Old 01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by James18 View Post
No, it's no fun at all. This is gonna be hard, and I wish I had some sober friends to hang out with - that would make things a lot easier. No point point beating myself up I guess...time would be better spent figuring where i went wrong. Oh well, back to day 1
Watch these..start at the bottom

juvenilecomedy's Channel - YouTube

Helped me more than I can explain.

Day 5 here.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

AbttrMe - Don't send yourself back to square one again. Every day you'll feel a little stronger, a little less like caving. As James & Dazee pointed out - the fun is over, and it's not coming back. Time to move on to a new day, a new life filled with hope, not dread and misery. We know you can do this.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, each day you will get a bit stronger and it will get a bit easier.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MustStop View Post
Watch these..start at the bottom

juvenilecomedy's Channel - YouTube

Helped me more than I can explain.

Day 5 here.
Thanks, I just watched the first one (think I'll watch one a day).