Notices

Living the Four Absolutes.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Living the Four Absolutes.

Hello SR friends and family,

Well had a great lead meeting last nite and he really hit home with the absolutes which my sponsor made me us right away. For those that dont know them they are used heavily in AA here in Cleveland. You wont find it in the BB but we use them daily, Honest, Love, Purity, Unselfishness. With those, if I have a question if I am doing the right thing. I simply ask myself does it pass those four things, if so then I am doing the right thing.

On the foundation of sobriety , I can build a life of honesty,unselfishness, faith in my Higher Power, and an even better love for my fellow human beings.I will never fully reach these goals, as it is written non of us have but we are not saints. I just have to keep going forward as it is progress not perfection. And this path is so much better than tortured life I led while drinking. There is absolutly no comparison with that.

I went to AA to find sobriety, but as I was told to keep coming back and more will be reveled couldnt have been more true. As I am learning now not only sobriety but this new way of living. The first is living that rigorous honesty , for me that has been a hard thing . To be fully honest with myself and with other people . But I am really coming to terms with me, and I like me again. I also have learned to start getting myself out of my way , and rely on my Higher Power to constantly give me the help and guidance I need.

Its amazing how fast we alcoholic can come from the depths of hell and depspair to finding some peace and happiness in this way of life. We can recover look better , feel better , and love better.

Everyone have a beautiful sober 24 hours.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-19-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
I am really coming to terms with me, and I like me again.

For what its worth, I always liked you,
But I admit I like the new you a tiny bit better.

I find your posts inspirational and warming.
Thank you!
XX
Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
Hello SR friends and family,

Well had a great lead meeting last nite and he really hit home with the absolutes which my sponsor made me us right away. For those that dont know them they are used heavily in AA here in Cleveland. You wont find it in the BB but we use them daily, Honest, Love, Purity, Unselfishness. With those, if I have a question if I am doing the right thing. I simply ask myself does it pass those four things, if so then I am doing the right thing.

On the foundation of sobriety , I can build a life of honesty,unselfishness, faith in my Higher Power, and an even better love for my fellow human beings.I will never fully reach these goals, as it is written non of us have but we are not saints. I just have to keep going forward as it is progress not perfection. And this path is so much better than tortured life I led while drinking. There is absolutly no comparison with that.

I went to AA to find sobriety, but as I was told to keep coming back and more will be reveled couldnt have been more true. As I am learning now not only sobriety but this new way of living. The first is living that rigorous honesty , for me that has been a hard thing . To be fully honest with myself and with other people . But I am really coming to terms with me, and I like me again. I also have learned to start getting myself out of my way , and rely on my Higher Power to constantly give me the help and guidance I need.

Its amazing how fast we alcoholic can come from the depths of hell and depspair to finding some peace and happiness in this way of life. We can recover look better , feel better , and love better.

Everyone have a beautiful sober 24 hours.

Good love, Inda
i got those 4 things written in the front of my 2end edition BB given to me by my Grandfather who passed away sober in 05' he was from Akron..
Old 01-19-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Those are great things to live by Inda. Thank you.

May we all strive to live up to them.

God bless.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that. Your posts have been really inspirational. I too am finding that AA is a good method of living in general, not only to stop drinking, but much more. Thanks again.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stopping drinking is the first half of Step 1 ....
the other 11 1/2 Steps works on my "isms".

Alcohol is only mentioned once in the First Step.

Your 4 absolutes apply directly to my recovery and so do the 4 Agreements.

My recovery (growth) is a daily task and if I don't address it, I backslide to my "isms".

Thank you for your post Inda.

Bob R.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

There is nothing "absolute" in AA. Read the AA history. We do, however, use those four principles, but not absolutely.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank You all, as for studying AA history do it every day.

And learn every day.

And 24hrsaday that is awesome. I live just north of Akron, and actually taking a couple people down to Dr. Bob's house tomorrow. I love going down there.

Well off to a meeting , everyone have a lovely evening.

Good love, Inda