Notices

Campral

Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Campral

Hi all. Picked up Campral today. Anyone got experience with that drug?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes I used it for awhile. It's best used in conjunction with some recovery tools like support group and/or therapy. It worked well for me, though at first I didn't want to use anti craving medication. It was difficult for me to believe that a tablet could diminish cravings. It's not a 'magic pill' but for me, it felt as if the meds took care of some of my more extreme thoughts and cut through some of the fog. I felt as if my thoughts were clearer which helped me take more advantage of the personal therapy I was having. I seemed to have minimal side effects with it, which I was concerned about it because I often seem prone to side effects with medication.

They can take awhile to kick in, I was told about 2 weeks. It's a very personal decision, whether or not to use anti craving medication, I understand the reasons why people may not want to use it. I used mine in consultation with a doctor and with support from a professional addictions counsellor.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

no experience, but welcome Drysoon.
by picked up do you mean you got it from a Dr?

D
Old 01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. I got it from my pharmacy.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by michelle01 View Post
Yes I used it for awhile. It's best used in conjunction with some recovery tools like support group and/or therapy. It worked well for me, though at first I didn't want to use anti craving medication. It was difficult for me to believe that a tablet could diminish cravings. It's not a 'magic pill' but for me, it felt as if the meds took care of some of my more extreme thoughts and cut through some of the fog. I felt as if my thoughts were clearer which helped me take more advantage of the personal therapy I was having. I seemed to have minimal side effects with it, which I was concerned about it because I often seem prone to side effects with medication.

They can take awhile to kick in, I was told about 2 weeks. It's a very personal decision, whether or not to use anti craving medication, I understand the reasons why people may not want to use it. I used mine in consultation with a doctor and with support from a professional addictions counsellor.
Thank you for your reply. It was interesting to read.