mirror issues

Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mirror issues

Yesterday's family group session at Rehab where my son is was: How the Family's issues mirror the Addict's issues. We all sat in a circle and we were asked the same question at least 15 times. How do you feel deep inside? Louder and Louder the question was asked. We all would say one word that described how we felt. Anger, sadness,Lies, confusion,like sh*t......Then the addicts switched spots with us and they did the same. All the answers were pretty much the same. Both sides felt the same inside. It was the first time I ever said how I felt in front of my son. It felt like relief to say those things so he could hear them. I am sure he felt the same.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

sounds like a healing process ~ glad you were able to express your feelings in a safe place!

I hope that you will continue recovery for YOU too - there are so many options - SR, Al-Anon, Nar-Anon, therapy, other recovery groups -

It has been a wonderful healing process for me in dealing with all the many people in my family that are affected by this disease.

PINK HUGS
Rita