Notices

hi i am new, i am a former drug user

Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi i am new, i am a former drug user

hi just introducing myself.

i am a 40 yr old mother and wife, i work a lot and try to take care of my house and family.

i became addicted to meth a while back, it started with abuse of adderall, ritalin, and dextroamphetamine; briefly was into coke, and then methamphetamine which is my drug of choice. i used by snorting and smoking for a period of several years, probably 3 to 3 1/2 years of active use, heavy the last year. By heavy i mean a gram a day most days. I lost a lot of weight and get pretty bad.

ive been clean of meth since july 2009 but i have had several little one day mess ups involving adhd meds and once used cocaine. i went to NA for a while but have not been for like 2 months. Occasionally still i will crave meth. Otherwise i have done okay. I continued to socially drink as i never have been a big drinker but i do not do that either because we learned that alcohol is a drug even if it has not caused my problems. I have smoked pot too but i am not going to do that any more neither if i can.

it was very hard to quit meth but it was killing me. i am lucky i didnt lose more than i did. i still am married and did not lose my job. I still own a house and cars. I am a very lucky person for a former meth user. Many are not so lucky. Many people distrust and look down on meth users and for good reason as they are notorious liars and thieves. But not all are. I honestly did not do anything that bad even at my worst. I never slept around, and stole drugs only once that i can recall. I tried to be a good person and i cared about others even when i was using. I never wanted to hurt anyone or cause a problem. Unfortunately i was insane from this devil drug which i hope i will never use again and hope some day i will not crave it or think of it with wanting. I hate meth, or i WANT to hate it.

thanks. that is my story.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome, Jokersgirl. I'm a former meth addict. Had to overdose from some bad s#it before I quit, and none to late. That was 30 years ago. Here for alcohol. Glad to see you made it out of that hell.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Editor

Welcome JG! I have found that just knowing that there are other people out there going through similar battles is reassuring in a strange way.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Hi JokersGirl. Glad you are here
Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((JokersGirl))) - Welcome to SR!! My DOC was crack, and though I didn't steal to get it, I did all the other stuff females do and lived on the streets. My stepbrother was addicted to meth and stole a lot from my dad. I remember, when I was using, yelling at my bf at the time "I don't WANT to want this **** anymore!!!"

I never thought I'd get to that point, but I have. It took work, a lot of time on SR, and pretty much changing the person I was (for the better). I've also abused alcohol and opiates, in the past. I still, occasionally have the feeling where I want to be numb, but it's rare, and I can quickly remember the reasons I don't want to go there.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-29-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR JokersGirl

D
Old 12-29-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you.

My life is far from perfect and some days i dont know how i am going to get through.

But it is easier than having to use to get out of bed and having to suffer through everything that went with that life. Associating with people i would normally be afraid of, running out and not being able to find any dope, freaking out every time i saw a cop, trying to hide being tweeked out of my mind from everyone. It was so bad at the end i decided i would cook. I am glad that never got started to any extent. If it would of i am sure i would be dead or someone's "bag wh*re" by now.

It was fun when it started, miserable when it lasted, and hell to escape. Got to be thankful for what i have. Things could always be worse!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome jokersgirl. So glad you found this site.
Congrats on quitting the meth. That has to be tough.
You will find a lot of support here.
God bless.